Chapter 4

Aiko did come but left very early as she had some work to do. I tried to ignore the couple behind me but I can't take my eyes off him...

There was a point when the girl even noticed but I avoided her eyes. I stood up to leave as I realized my fantasy should not be continued anymore. I need to accept the fact that he is no one to me. I left the cafe with a heavy heart and went to buy some groceries.

I didn't realize that almost 4 hours had passed since I left my house. I wasn't feeling so good today and bought all types of chocolates to fight my sad mood. Food is the only thing that makes me happy when I am angry, depressed, or annoyed.

I rang the doorbell and Emily opened the gate. She understood that something has happened. She asked me about it and I just told her that I met that brown-eyed again today.

She screamed with excitement, "What!? You met the Brown-Eyed Guy?!! I tried to calm her down as I didn't want to disclose the whole story to Alex. I hushed her by putting my hand on her mouth. But it was too late as Alex came and asked what are you two talking about?
I said "Nothing"

I was quickly taking off my shoes when I noticed someone behind Alex. My eyes were on the ground I was trying to put the shoes properly on one side, and when I looked up, my heart just skipped a beat as I saw the brown-eyed boy standing behind Alex. Emily whispered into my ear, "We will talk about the brown-eyed boy later. First, meet this hot guy Minho."

I stood up straight and tried to stop myself to show any emotion, but my mind was blown away by this sudden encounter.

What is he doing here? Brown-eyed Boy is Minho? how can that be possible? Where is the camera which will say this was all a prank? how can he be Minho? So I had a crush on Alex's friend? All the questions were running in my mind when Emily said, "Minho, meet my friend Sarah, She is the one I was talking about earlier."
He was about to say something, when I turned to Alex and said, "You all go have dinner, I'll join you all in a minute." I went to my room and closed the door.

First of all, does he remember me? it would be too awkward if he remembers how I ran away after snatching my lipstick from his hand... But wouldn't it be nice to share a house with the boy I like? I blushed. Then I realized he has a girlfriend and the flying hearts around me fell to the ground.

Ugh, this is frustrating. Why? Of all the billion people, does Minho have to be the brown-eyed boy? Why did I even fell for Minho of all the people? It will be too awkward. My mind was covered with all these questions when Emily knocked on the door.

"Hey Sarah, Are you all right?"

"umm, Yeh. Coming in a sec" I shouted.
When I went to the dining table, they were already seated.
I gathered up my courage and said, "Hello Minho. I am Sarah."

He looked up with an emotionless face and said in his husky voice "Hello".
He then lowered his head and continued to eat his dinner.

My heart again skipped a beat. His voice...Oh my god... Why the hell is his voice so attractive? But one second, that was rude. He didn't even smile! his face was like stone. Humph!

I stood there motionless for some second. Then Emily said, "Why are you zoning out? Come sit have dinner." I sat down. I don't know why, but it was quite awkward. Alex and Emily were as usual getting lovey-dovey... while Minho and I ate in silence.

Alex noticed us and said, "Hey Minho, Did you do the work you went for this afternoon?"

Work? Yeah, Alex assumed it was work. but Alex dear he was with his girlfriend. I thought and smirked as I was the only one who knew this secret.  But then I realized maybe I was the one with the wrong assumption. Maybe.... and I hoped it is true ...that maybe he met her because of some work. But who knows what was the truth except for Minho.

I looked up from my plate to see if he will react if he was going to correct Alex's assumption, but he continued to eat his food and just said "yes."

I was a bit irritated. Like what?  you just said Yes! that's it? Tell him about it more. Tell him, how your meeting with that hot and attractive girl went! At least tell him something!

While I was thinking all this I didn't notice I was staring at him. He caught me and said "What?"
I panicked and said, "Umm.. nothing. can you pass me the sauce?" We both looked at the sauce and I realized I was sitting closer to the sauce.

At this point, I can acknowledge the fact that I am messed up! He must be thinking I am mad.
I looked down at my plate in disappointment. But he stood up and stooped over to move the sauce closer to me. I took the sauce shamelessly. My silly heart was happy that he did pass on the sauce.

Emily and Alex were noticing everything and then Alex said to me, "My friend Minho is kind of quiet when he meets new people. Give him some time to get comfortable with you." Minho didn't even react to this and continued his dinner.

Then Emily said, "Oh that's the same for Sarah. She has always been so shy. Alex, Don't you remember how she wasn't even able to talk to you when you met her for the first time because she was so shy" Alex and Emily chuckled.

I protested, " Hey, I have changed now. Everything was so new to me at that time. I came to a country where I knew no one and then I met a crazy girl and started living with her.....And then on one fine day, a boy entered my house saying he was Emily's boyfriend when she hadn't told me anything about him"

I literally stabbed my spoon in the soup and said, "I wasn't actually shy but a bit afraid."

Emily said, "Okay okay,  It was my fault dear. Calm down. But after that, for two straight days, you avoided Alex whenever you saw him as if he had some time bomb that he may throw at you? What about that?" Both of them laughed.

I pouted and noticed, this time Minho was looking at me with an amusing face. He smiled and I turned red. I stood up and said, "Umm Emily, I am too tired today. Can you do the dishes? I am done. I am going to sleep early. Good Night everyone."

"Okay! Good Night!" Alex said.

Emily was too busy laughing as she said,  "Look whenever she is nervous, She just runs away."

I went into my room and stomped my feet. Emily! I am going to kill you! Why in the world is she making fun of me in front of Minho? What will he think of me? One second, Why do I even care what he thinks?  He has a girlfriend remember Sarah?  Ugh still! Why was I the topic of discussion? I am going to take revenge on her. I'll mess up her clothes. I realized that her things are already too messed up. I can only tidy them up. I pouted.

I changed into my night suit, Shorts and a big loose t-shirt with cute teddies. It was only 10:30 pm and I am a night owl so how was I going to sleep so early? I didn't really know the answer.

I wasn't really tired I just came into my room to avoid awkward discussions. But I also knew that I won't be able to avoid Minho for long.

What if Emily told him about my crush on him? What if he remembers me from the airport? What if Minho realized I have a crush on him?

I clenched my hair with both hands. This is going to make me mad. Why in all the world does Minho have to live here? I didn't even ask them about how many days they are going to stay? One sec, it would be rude to ask such a question and Alex is Emily's boyfriend. This house belongs to Emily too which means Alex can live here with his friend any number of days he wants. I really don't mind Alex living here. He is the super nice, tidy, and handsome guy I have ever met. But the problem in Minho.

I can't live with my crush!!! Ugh!!! I plopped down on my bed with all these thoughts. I realized I was overthinking and at this rate, I may need to go to a psychiatrist, So I decided to distract my mind.

I took out some chocolates from the drawer near my bed and picked up a magazine to look at. I was lying on my stomach and supporting my face with my hands. The magazine was on my pillow. I was eating my chocolates and moving my legs playfully while I was reading the magazine. Just then I heard someone open the door of my room. I knew it was Emily. She had to sleep here as Alex has to or was forced to sleep with Minho.

I said while continuing to look at the magazine, "Oh now you are here? traitor! Come sleep with me and I'll hug you so tight that you would be suffocated to death." I sighed as I continued to flip the pages of the magazine, "I hope you didn't mention the brown-eyed boy in front of them"

"Brown-eyed Boy?"

I turned around in panic as it wasn't Emily's voice.