Chapter 50

There are 2-3 more companies where Emily had applied. Other companies weren't as impressive as MODA.

One of the companies was the company where Minho was the chief editor. I deliberately skipped that interview. Emily tried to convince me by saying that I have worked for them earlier, and they'll definitely hire me. But I don't want any other stress in my life so I skipped that interview.  When Emily came back she was super excited. She said her interview went very well and she may get selected. I knew I shouldn't be but I was curious if she met Minho there or not. Should I ask her? But I was the one that banned everything related to Minho. I just want to know if he is okay. I haven't heard anything about him. But I can't ask.

Emily told me everything but didn't mention if she met Minho or not. I sighed as I realized I am still stuck with my one-sided unrequited love.

Okay, so everything happened at fast forward speed and I was selected for the position of Interpreter in MODA. I will be hired for 6 months so unfortunately Emily wasn't selected and I was worried that I will have to live here for 6  months alone!! Without Emily! Without Knowing Korean! Yes, I have watched Korean dramas but real life doesn't have subtitles! What will I do?

I was pacing here and there in the hall, contemplating what I should do next! Should I take up the offer? It's too good! But Emily won't be with me!! She was the one who wanted to work with MODA. Now Emily has to go back to her country while I work here?! Will it be selfish of me to take the offer? I was wondering about all the worst-case scenarios that were possible. Just then Emily and Alex came out of their room. Emily ran and hugged me as she said, "Congratulations Sarah. You will be working with one of the major Brands in Korea! Shouldn't we celebrate?"

I didn't hug her back and said, "No. I don't want to. You were the one who should have been selected." I became sad as I realized how much she was excited about the interview.

Emily hit my forehead with her finger and said, "Oh come on! Are you mad? I am so happy for you! And there is something that We have to tell you."

"Ouch" I rubbed my forehead. I replied, "We? You and Alex?"

She answered, "Yes. So We have decided that I will move in with Alex."

My eyes went wide. "What? So you have decided to live here with him for the rest of your life?"

She giggled, "Yes I have decided to live here for the time being but not for the rest of our lives until I have worked on my career."

Alex sighed. It seems he was ready with rings but Emily again put a big stone of career on his proposal.

I was confused, "But you don't have a visa to stay here."

Emily replied, "Yeah. Alex will take care of that. I will be applying to other companies and will start working here. I don't want to leave my best friend and my boyfriend so there ain't any choice for me. Plus I don't want to go back to my parents' house. "

I hugged her. I was happy that I won't be separated from her. But then after some days, I moved into the apartment that was near to my company. Actually Alex got it rented. I don't know how he got such an impressive apartment at such a cheap price. I even asked him about it and he said he rented it from some one he know. But the one thing that ultimately struck me was that I will have to live separate from Emily. Of course, I didn't want to be the third wheel in their live-in relationship so I chose to live in a different apartment.

Alex and Emily helped me to move in and Emily promised to stay with me whenever she can. I called my parents and told them how I moved from Japan to Korea. They were happy when they heard I will be working with a big brand in Korea. This is how everything worked out on its own and for the time being, I will be stuck in Korea for business purposes.

I wondered if I will ever come across Minho. But Korea is a big country. There are 0.0000001 percent chances of meeting him. I sighed with relief as I didn't want to see him with his babe. I was already heartbroken. I don't want any other complications in my life. Plus Minho will be happy in his life and won't even remember me.

Some days later, Emily called me and told me that she has got the job in the company where Minho was Chief editor. I was happy for her. But that meant she can work with Minho while I can't. I shook my head to cast off all the negative thoughts.

"I am over him. I will never meet him again." I told myself and went to sleep.