Chapter 13

Emily and Alex joined us for dinner. I wasn't really expecting to have a dinner date with Minho but I wished that they could have come a bit later. Well, it's okay.. we all can have dinner together.

While having dinner, Emily explained how she was so happy to meet Alex's friends. They were very polite to her. She went on and on. Then she told us that they went to the beach with Alex's friend and his fiance. She suddenly looked at me and mischievously smiled. I understood that she is planning something when she said, "Why don't we go on a double date, next weekend?"

I and Minho choked on our food. My eyes went wide as I stared at Emily. Alex and Minho also glared at Emily.  She doesn't know that he has a girlfriend. She is trying to set me up with Minho! Oh, Emily stop!

She continued, "I know you two don't really know each other but this could be a great opportunity to know each other. As I assume you both are single?"

I elbowed Emily, but she wasn't ready to give in.
Alex also joined Emily and said, "yeah, that seems a good idea. Even if you don't wanna be a couple, you still can be friends. Treat this as a blind date."

"He has a girlfriend" I unconsciously blurted out.

"She has a boyfriend." Minho said, at the same time.

This time Alex and Emily choked on their food and said, "What?" in unison.

I realized what Minho said and asked "What?"

Minho's eyes went wide and said, "What?"

Emily stood up, She turned to me and said, "Sarah, this isn't fair. Why didn't you tell me about your boyfriend? You told Minho but not me? I am hurt! Like really?"

Oh Emily, No need to be so dramatic but what? When did I enter a relationship?
I and Minho looked at each other and said in unison,

"I have a boyfriend?"

"I have a girlfriend?"

"No"

"No"

Alex started laughing and said, "What are you all even doing?  Let's clear this misunderstanding and Emily please stop your drama."

Emily sat back with folded arms.

Minho spoke up, "I never said, I have a girlfriend. Why do you think that?"

I realized I might be mistaken in assuming that beautiful girl to be his girlfriend.

I replied, "Umm... I saw you with a girl in a cafe on the first day before you came to our house.
And then I saw you with her again, so I thought she might the one you came here to visit."

"Wait a minute, how did you recognize him if you saw him before he came to your house?" Alex asked in surprise.

Emily realized that Minho was the one I met before he came to our house. She shouted excitedly, "You met Minho that day? So that means he is bro-"
Before she could complete her sentence, I shut her mouth with my hand and said, "Emily, No need to be dramatic. I'll explain.No no need to hurry!  I glared at her.

Minho and Alex looked confused. I realized I need to make up a story. I said, "umm... That day, I went to a cafe to meet a friend and she didn't turn up so I was waiting for her and then I noticed a beautiful girl sitting alone. I noticed someone sitting near her, so I assumed he must be her boyfriend. When I came back home, I noticed that he was the same guy from the cafe.  I remembered him because they looked like a couple. That's it."

Minho replied, "Couple? She is just an old friend and I met her because of some work purpose."

I said, "Oh."

Emily spoke up, "ooooooooh. So this means you are 100 percent single, right?"

Minho replied, "Yes."

Emily whispered to me, "did you hear that? He is single." I elbowed her again but she was too quick. I couldn't cover my smile. I was blushing and smiling on the outside and flying with happiness on the inside.

No. Sarah, Don't show it to him that you are happy that he is single. But why does he think that I am committed? When did he see me with a guy? Did he see me with Arisu? Argh....he doesn't even exist in my list of the future boyfriend!

Emily turned to Minho, "So, now it is your turn. Why don't you tell us, who is Sarah's Boyfriend?"

Minho replied, "I might have misunderstood when I saw her with Tanzin today. I even saw her once at the airport with Tanzin so I thought they might me be a couple."

"You met at the airport as well?" Alex asked with a surprised look again!

Does he still remember me? Why? he thought I was Tanzin's girlfriend? Yuck... Me? That dumbo's girlfriend? Never!

"No, Tanzin isn't my boyfriend!" I retorted.

"But he brought you chocolates and you were having alone-time before I disturbed you two. I came home earlier because I was worried you'll be alone at home but I didn't know you were with him, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered you. He was suspicious of me and even asked why I came to your house. Isn't it true?" He explained in one breath.

My mouth fell, at all the misunderstandings that Minho had cooked up in his mind. Is he serious?  Wait a minute, did he say he came back for me? He was worried for me?

I couldn't even answer when Emily started laughing and said, "Tanzin? He is the last person to be Sarah's boyfriend." She continued laughing.

Alex sighed and said, "I'll clear the confusion for you Minho. Tanzin is Sarah's cousin. They usually go to Dubai together to meet Sarah's Uncle who is Tanzin's Father."

I spoke up, "I didn't even call him here today, he just visits me to see if I am alright as he has to report it to my parents and uncle. Those chocolates were sent by my uncle."

Minho replied, "Oh." He stood up and went to the kitchen to wash his plate.

Huh! No reaction? He just said oh? Only oh? I sighed. What was I expecting? He doesn't even care. Why would he? Of course.

Emily turned excitedly, "You got chocolates today? Will you share it with me?"She made a puppy face.

I stuck out my tongue and said, "Then will you share the macarons you have been hiding in the kitchen, that you bought today?"

Emily folded her arms, "Oh no, you saw that!" We both giggled.
Alex commented, "You two look like two little girls happy over chocolates and macarons."
We both ignored him.

He chuckled and stood up. He went into Kitchen with his plates. Emily turned to me and said, "We need to talk about that brown-eyed guy. But I think it is enough for today, let's talk tomorrow"

I nodded.

I went back to my room. I was happy that he was single and that was enough for me. At least I can like him now. Even if it is from far I can admire him. That was enough. I couldn't stop smiling and slept while hugging a pillow.