08

Season 1 episode 4
"Raising Hell"

"I'm gonna get you!" Mark called out as he chased after his eldest child

"No daddy!" 4 year old Veronica yelled as she raced through the palace. She ran through the kitchen, avoiding all the people cooking food. She ran down the hall. She couldn't hear her father anymore so she slowed down.

Veronica walked down the hall and up the stairs. She had never seen this part of the palace.

Tracing her tiny fingers along the wall she continued to walk. Seeing a large door ahead of her. Once she reached it Veronica got on her tippy toes and turned the knob. Sue pushed the door making the hinges creek.

She walked inside slowly, watching as she birds flew out of the room as she did so. Ronnie walked farther into the room. A book sitting in the very center of it.

As quietly as she could so her farther wouldn't find her she opened it. Inside were pictures. One with many people she didn't know.

One man stood out. He was taller than her father. But her mother was smiling brightly at this man. As if she adored him. Ronnie traced her left pointer finger over his face, wondering who he was.

Veronica snapped out of the memory as Isabelle knocked on the door. "Ronnie? I have that white top!"

"Come in!" Ronnie called out and not a moment later Izzy was walking in.

"So i was thinking we should slick back your hair into a ponytail and curl it?" Izzy said as she played with the ends of the girls hair.

Ronnie smiled. "That sounds like it'll hurt after a while but I'm down."

Izzy grinned and handed Ronnie the white top. "Awesome." She ran out of the bathroom as Ronnie slipped off her coat.

Ronnie watched herself in the mirror. She hated what she saw. Sure Veronica loved how she looked. But she didn't even know who she was anymore. And she hated that. She had read about her parents from a book she found in the library. She and Tommy were the last generation of the Shadowhunter bloodline.

Ronnie slid of the white lacy bra and slipped her jacket back on. She wondered if she would ever remember who she was before her parents died. Before she forgot who she was.

Walking out of the bathroom she saw Izzy already changed and touching up her makeup. "Can i ask you something?"

Izzy hummed. "Anything."

"What'll happen when Tommy and I...when the Clave want us to become king and queen?"

Izzy shook her head. "Tommy won't become king. He is royalty and an heir to the throne yes, but you're older. Meaning you are first in line. So when the time comes the Clave will train you and teach you everything and you'll have a coronation. Then you'll be queen. What happens from there is your decision." Isabelle explained as she started on Ronnie's hair.