56

Season 2 episode 17
"A Dark Reflection"

     Jace and Ronnie weren't able to sleep

     Jace and Ronnie weren't able to sleep. After being in the cabin neither could stop their brains from running. Jace had been trying to track Jonathan, Clary's real brother. While Ronnie had been trying to solve the book writer mystery. She hasnt gotten any farther.

Today she was training Max. So she found herself on the roof with him. "How's chasing pigeons gonna help me with my training?"

Ronnie smiled. "You're not chasing them, you're gonna track them. This is all about focus. Activate your tracking rune."

Max pulled out his stele as Ronnie grabbed an egg from the enclosure. "I want you to track the egg back to the bird who laid it. Concentration is key." She handed the egg to the boy.

"I'm already an expert tracker." Max looked up to her.

"Your sister thought the same thing, until she hit a nest full of Kuri demons. Alec saved her."

"But she only got better by being in the field, you only got better by doing missions." Max argued. "Now...its my turn."

"What are you talking about?"

"The clave approved me for my first mission."

"Thats not happening." Ronnie stuttered. "Find the bird. Thats your assignment. Do that and then we'll talk about your first mission." Ronnie walked away leaving Max alone to find the bird.

Ronnie walked to Alecs office and opened the door. She saw Alec and Tommy talking to Jace. "You are not sending your little brother out into the field."

Alec sighed. "You know better then anyone how good Max is. His simulation skills are off the charts."

"A simulation is not the real world."

"Max has had his rune ceremony. Its standard to get orders after that. Just like everyone else did when they were his age. Just like I did."

"It was different back then, Valentine wasnt in the picture."

"Sunny."

Ronnie shook her head. "You werent there that night, with Kaelie. He came this close to dying Alec."

"Max is a soldier."

"So am I, and im saying hes not ready." Ronnie held eye contact with Alec.

"Vee."