27

Season 2 episode 3
"Parabatai Lost"

     When Tommy woke up the next morning his sister was nowhere to be seen

When Tommy woke up the next morning his sister was nowhere to be seen. He looked around for a moment before getting out of bed and getting ready for the day.

Gabriel was in the kitchen drinking some coffee when he came down the stairs. "Have you seen Ronnie?"

The older man nodded. "She's outside."

Tommy smiled and grabbed a cup of coffee before walking out the back door. What he saw made hin stop in his tracks.

Ronnie had music blasting in her ears while she moved the paint brush along the canvas. Something was different when she woke up this morning. She didn't know what it was but she felt lighter, happier.

So as the sun was rising she grabbed an empty canvas from in her room and some paint and walked outside. Ronnie didnt know what she was painting, she let the brush guide her hands.

Tommy watched her. He was scared that if he made any sudden moves she would stop painting. If he was being honest he hadn't seen her paint since they found out about the shadow world.

Tommy slowly backed away. His back his the door and he slowly opened it, leaving his sister in her own world. "Crazy right?" Gabriel caught his attention.

"She's uh, she's painting again." Tommy shook his head in shock.

Gabriel smiled. "I suppose she is. You know your mother used to paint. She was amazing at it."

"Mom painted?" Tommy took a seat at the table.

"She did." He pointed to the large painting of a flower field that was hanging on the wall. "Thats her work. She painted that her last week pregnant. She told me it was a thank you for saving you two."

Tommy chuckled. "Ronnie was always good at painting and drawing, all that stuff. Clary was the one who truly got her into it. When we were kids Ronnie would say she hated it, but slowly as Clary started getting her to draw pictures with her, Ronnie got more into it. She began to love it."

"When you were little she used to draw moustaches on you while you slept. You would always come to me shouting about it." Gabriel smiled at the memory.

"I wish i could remember what our childhood was like. Ronnie remembers most of it from the silent brothers."

"Sometimes its better to not remember." Gabriel sighed as Ronnie came walking in.

"Morning!" She skipped in the door to grab some coffee. "G i went through some of your books. I have them all but i stuck a couple in my room, i hope thats okay."

Gabriel nodded. "Of course darling." He smiled. "Well we better get started. One more lesson and then you two are ready."

Tommy and Veronica shared a look before they both followed after their godfather outside. "One more lesson?" Tommy asked. "We've only had one."

Gabriel smirked. "Actually you've had 4."

"Wait what?" Ronnie looked at him with a look of confusion on her face.

"Your first one was when you came with me. The lesson of trust. Second was when you learned your powers. Third was when you both had a deep conversation, you reconnected again. Fourth was this morning, when you both realised something about yourself." Gabriel turned around to look at them.

Ronnie nodded slightly as Tommy spoke. "And the fifth lesson?"

Gabriel clasped his hands together. "The fifth lesson is finding someone else. You were both given the ability to feel emotions, its why you can feel each others. Tommy i want you to feel Alecs emotions. Ronnie i want you to look for Izzy's."

Tommy plopped himself down on the ground while Ronnie turned to look at the trees. She felt her hands fall to her side as her eyes closed. Ronnie focused on her best friend.

Although the pair hadn't spent every moment together they were close. Izzy was the person who was there when Ronnie needed fashion advice. If anything they were practically the same person. Both girls loved each other.

She suddenly felt a wave of worry fall over her. She knew it was Izzy. She could practically hear her thoughts on why she was worried. Something was wrong with Alec. She was worried because neither twin was answering their phone and no one had seen them in days.

Ronnies eyes snapped open and she met Tommy's eyes. They had to go.

"You have to go." Gabriel smiled. "I'm proud of you. Now go help your friends."

"Thank you uncle Gabe." Tommy said as he and Ronnie were portaled back to New York City. They were back in the cafe they had left from. "Well now what?"

"We find Alec." Ronnie sighed. The jeans she was wearing were clinging to her skin and her bralette was a bright red. Her healed boots were muddy and she left her jacket on Gabriels couch.

"We cant go back to the institute. Everyone will ask where we've been and we cant tell them that information." Tommy startet to pat his clothes down looking for something. "And i dont have my phone."

"Mines on Gabriels couch, with my jacket." Ronnie looked around. "Hang on." She walked over to the counter and smiled at the teenage boy who was standing there. "Hi."

He smiled back. "Hey. What can i get for you?"

"I was actually if you had a phone i could use. My brother and I." She pointed to Tommy. "Lost ours and we need to make a call."

He nodded. "Sure." He grabbed his phone from his pocket and handed it to her.

"Thank you." Ronnie grabbed it and dialled Izzy's number. The phone rang and rang until she got Izzy's voicemail. She sighed before handing it back to the boy. "Thank you so much."

He nodded. "I hope you reach whoever you wanted to talk to."

Ronnie smiled. "Yeah me too."

She walked back over to Tommy and shook her head. "No answer."

He threw his hands in the air. "Great. I dont even remember where the fuck in New York we are."

Ronnie grabbed his hand and held it. "We'll figure it out."

Tommy shook his head. "I won't be able to think that until i know Alec's okay."

——

Ella Speaks!
Ruh roh raggy.
That is all i have to say.