41

Season 2 episode 9
"Bound By Blood"

     Ronnie had left Erics about 20 minutes ago and had just been walking around

     Ronnie had left Erics about 20 minutes ago and had just been walking around. Trying to remember what was real from her old life. The life Jocelyn had created for her.

She stopped walking when she reached her art school. The school she never truly dropped out of but the school she never attended a class at either. Ronnie took a deep breath. Just as she took a step forward her phone started wringing. Her fiancé being the one calling.

"Vee where are you?"

For some reason Jace sounded frantic, like she's been gone for 20 years. "Im uh, heading back to the institute, why?"

"No ones seen you in hours, you promised to stay at the institute."

"I know, i just i needed some air. I'll be there in like 15."

"I'll be waiting."

With that Jace hung up. Ronnie shook her head with a smile. She took one last look at the school before turning down the street and walking back to the institute.

🐝

When Veronica opened her eyes all she saw was darkness. A faint sound of music playing in the background and a girl giggling could be heard.

"Look whos awake." Valentine grinned.

"You asshole." Ronnie groaned out.

He smirked. "Now be nice dear, im the one who has your life in their hands."

Ronnie sat up against the wall, her leg chained to the ground. "What do you want?"

Valentine took a step closer. "You know what i want. The only thing is you can give it to me. My son on the other hand."

"Jace isnt stupid, he wont do that." Ronnie shook her head.

"Well." Valentine paused. "Jace will do anything for you, and i need him to activate the sword." The man paced back and forth, almost like he was nervous.

"Are you nervous Valentine?" Ronnie smirked, her hands reached down to her ankle as she started picking the lock right in front of him.

"Of course not."

"I think you are, cause you screwed up. Im not supposed to be here, and your little bodyguards grabbed the wrong girl." Ronnie unlocked the chain and stood up. "Madzie trusts me because i saved her life, more then once."

"You think you know everything." Valentine shook his head laughing. "You think you and your friends can take me down? Go ahead, try. Your parents failed too."

"Except im not my parents, and that scares you. Because you made one mistake that night. You let Tommy and I go. And ever since you've been trying to fix that mistake." She took a step closer to him.

"I dont make mistakes, trust me little girl." Valentine pulled out his stele. "I needed to let you two go, i knew Jocelyn would take you both in, its what she does. Clary would end up back in the shadow world and you and your brother would be useless because you never learned how to use your powers."

Ronnie smiled. "Valentine tell me one thing, your my uncle right?"

He nodded. "Not that im proud of it."

"You've been looking for us for years, when you could just used your blood to do a locator spell. Jocelyn may have warded us but bloods stronger then that. Why didn't you?" Ronnie tilted her head as Madzie walked into the room.

"Dinner time?" The girl tilted her head as Jace walked in after her.

Valentine smiled. "Lets go eat."

🐝

The group of 4 sat at a table at some restaurant Ronnie didnt care to learn the name of. She sat next to Valentine and across from Jace.

"Ah Jonathan. I figured you'd come for Madzie sooner or later. Just so happened i have Veronica too. Although its a shame you didnt bring your sister along." Valentine smiled.

"Let the girl go." Jace connection one of his hands with Ronnies under the table.

"I'm afraid young Madzie is quite happy where she is." Valentine leaned forward.

"Oh, i think Iris would disagree. She made Clary take a blood oath. If i dont get Madzie to her in the next few hours; Clary dies." Even though they were in a serious situation all Ronnie could think about was how good Jace looked.

Valentine sucked im a breath. "I suppose you're here to save her life?"

"I'm here to give you an ultimatum. I'll let Clary die if i have to, but you need her alive."

"You're bluffing. You couldnt kill your falcon when you were a boy, and you cant kill your sister now."

"Hes not." Ronnie cut in. "So either Madzie comes with us, or your angel dies."

Jace smirked at her and nodded his head. Everyones eyes were now on Valentine. In the moment Jace knew he won.

Valentine smiled. "Take Madzie, i take Veronica."

Jace's face fell, Ronnie knew he would choose her, so she made the choice for him. Ronnie smiled. "Save Clary. I'll go with you."

She saw the tears welding up in Jace's eyes. "Vee."

"I know honey, its okay." She switched her eyes too look at both of his individually. "Save Clary." Valentine stood up and pulled Ronnie out of the restaurant with him.

🐝

Ronnie found herself sitting on the floor with her back against the wall. She was sitting with Madzie as Clary laid unconscious. "Ronnie?" Madzie looked up at her.

"Yeah baby?" Ronnie smiled as Madzie held her hand.

"When will i get to see auntie?" Madzie looked scared and it broke Ronnies heart.

"Soon, i promise. I'll make sure you get home." She could hear Valentine talking to the red head in another room. Madzie snuggled her body into Ronnies. The two sitting there waiting to go home. Valentine walked in to see the pair. He smiled before taking Madzie from Ronnie. "You're a monster Valentine."

"You'll be a good mother Veronica." Ronnie stared at him as he walked away. She never understood why Valentine was somewhat nicer to her then he was everyone else. Maybe it's because they were family, or maybe it was because she was the puzzle piece he needed.

"Simon! Simon no!" Was all Ronnie heard before the chains around her ankle were unlocked.

"Vee?" Jace called out, he didnt give a shit about Simon.

"Jace?" Ronnie called out as she stood up.

"Vee!" Jace started running closer to where he heard her voice.

Once Ronnie saw him she ran into his arms. "Jace."

"You're okay, im right here." And Jace didnt let go, no once.

——
Ella speaks!

So im back, Merry Christmas everyone. I've been really overwhelmed lately so im sorry for posting late but i plan on writing as much as i can during winter break. What do we think of the chapter? Love you!