64

season 3 episode 2
"The Powers That Be"

The zoo date was amazing. Probably one of Ronnies favourite dates so far. They had seen the elephants, penguins, and flamingos. Got cotton candy, an amazing sandwhich, and just had fun with each other. Alone. They talked about the wedding and when they wanted it. And settled on December. A Christmas wedding. Almost as if it were a gift to the shadow world that their soon to be queen was getting married. And everyone was invited.

When they had finally gotten back to the institute it was dark outside. And it seemed their jobs were never done.

"You're gonna use the angelic core? Are you serious?" A shadowhunter asked Alec as Ronnie and Jace joined the group.

"This is out only chance to stop the corruption." Alec answered. "We're gonna flood the ley lines with angelic energy. Put an end to this once and for all."

"So your plan is basically divine Drano?" Clary asked.

Alec sighed and created a model of the institute. "The only problem is the institute is not built on any ley lines. At least not yet, thats where Magnus comes in."

"I know a spell that'll allow me to temporarily divert the flow of magic at the core. Once the ley lins in place you'll tap into the core, and we can kiss the demonic corruption goodbye." Magnus explains.

"Right and what happens if a demon shockwaves hits while your using your magic?" The same annoying shadowhunter asks. "The core will be totally exposed."

"Well that doesnt look good." Jace raises a brow. His hand still intertwined with Ronnie's.

"If we're lucky, it'll only vaporize the institute." Magnus answers.

"But what if we're not lucky?" Ronnie asks.

"Better not to think about that." Tommy adds in.

"This is a risk we have to take." Alec says.

"The whole point of building the institute away from the ley lines was to avoid something like this. Why not just quarantine the warlocks outside of the city?"

"Because kicking innocent people out of their homes isn't going to solve anything." Alec argued.

"Neither will blowing up the institute!"

And After that everyone started arguing. Ronnie shook her head, truly it was her call.

"Hey!" Ronnie yelled getting everyones attention. "That is enough!" All the shadowhunters had their eyes on her. "This is not just about the downworlders, everyone is at risk. Our job is to protect everyone, so thats what we'll do." She looked at Alec and nodded. Tommy smirked.

"Evacuate the institute. Essential personnel stay behind." Alec orders.

Ronnie watches as everyone walks away, hoping the made the right decision.

🐝

"Come on move it! You don't want to be inside if this goes bad." Izzy ordered as she and Clary walked around.

"We're not going anywhere." The same annoying shadowhunter spoke. Ronnie was getting tired of him and Jace could tell.

"Your orders were to evacuate." Jace told him standing by his fiancés side.

"Yeah i know the orders. Look im all for helping out the Downworlders, but we cant let Lightwood destroy the institute to do it. Without it we leave new York completely defenseless."

"That is not your call to make." Clary told him.

"Its mine." Ronnie spoke up.

"Doesn't matter, i've already locked him out of the system."

"Then unlock it." Jace grabbed him by the shoulder. And when he tried to fight back Jace pinned him against the table.

"Now!" Ronnie demanded.

"Not possible. Even if it was, my answer would still be the same."

Izzy moved to the screen to try and undo it. Ronnie looked at jace worried.

Tommy looked around. "Am i the only one who thought that was really cool?" Everyone gave him a look. "Right not the time."

🐝

After Alec and Magnus saved New York Ronnie had that annoying shadowhunter transferred to a different institute.

She had fallen alseep in her bed with Jace close to her. But at some point she suddenly didnt feel him next to her. She looked around the room for him but she didn't see him.

She waited for a while for him to come back but he never did. That's when she decided she wasn't falling back asleep. Not without him next to her. And so she had gotten up and ready.

Ronnie found herself walking down the hallway, and when she turned into the main lobby she saw Jace and Izzy looking through footage.

Jace looked up when he heard her heels and immediately had a sad look on his face. "Vee did i wake you?" He stood up and met her halfway pulling her into a hug.

Ronnie smiled. "Its okay J."

Jace sucked in a deep breath. "Are you hungry? I'll go get you some food." Jace took off down the hallway to the kitchen before she could even answer him.

Ronnie smiled and took a seat next to Izzy.

The Lightwood girl smiled. "He loves you."

"I would sure hope he does."

——-
Ella speaks!

Okay so this chapter is a little longer. Im sorry i didnt write out the zoo date, i figured it would be boring. But i hope you enjoyed. Alsooo MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVELIES!!!!