40

Season 2 episode 9
"Bound by Blood"

     After Izzy had walked in on Jace and Ronnie this morning, Jace went off to look for Clary while Izzy wouldnt leave Ronnie alone

"So what? Are you guys like trying? Cause i remember very well Jace saying something about you getting pregnant and looking good." Izzy smirked as Ronnie groaned.

Veronica found herself in Isabels room getting ready. She had dark blue jeans on with a red lace top and a black leather jacket.

"Izzy we're not trying for anything. We're getting married when this is all over. Jace wants it to happen as soon as possible." Ronnie smiled at the thought of marrying Jace. She knew she could grow old with him.

Izzy groaned and threw herself down on her bed. "I want a goddaughter."

Ronnie laughed. "And you'll get one. Just not right now." She looked down at her phone and saw a text from Jace. "Speaking of the devil. Clary has to find Madzie. Theres a spell on her. So i guess its just me and you for the day Iz."

The Lightwood smiled. "I have to talk to Aldertree but i'll find you later." Izzy kissed her parabatais forehead and then left the room.

Ronnie turned to look at herself in the mirror and smiled. Of course she wanted to have a baby, especially with Jace. But she also felt overwhelmed with everything going on right now. After a moment, Ronnie stood up and left the institute to go for a walk.

Veronica walked down the street. So many people passed her, some smiling others just ignoring her. Every single person didnt know who she was and that made her feel comfortable. Like she wasnt in danger or disappointing anyone.

She slowed down her pace as she rounded the corner to her favourite store. Looking around Ronnie smiled and walked inside. Her and Tommy came to this store every single birthday. The people there basically watched them grow up.

"No Tommy today?" Eric asked, he was the owner of the small shop.

Ronnie shook her head with a laugh. "No, just me."

Eric patted the seat next to him at the counter. "Come sit, lets talk. I havent seen you in 20 years."

Ronnie moved to sit down at the bar stool. The little shop was modern, Eric had repainted it a few years back. Paintings all over the place and shelves lined with clothes and shoes. The back room holding things that Eric saved for the twins to see whenever they came in.

"Eric when did you know?"

"Know what pumpkin?"

"When you and Maria were ready to have kids?" Ronnie took his hot coffee in her hand and took a sip.

Eric's eyes widened. "Well. Maria had just got a job, we had settled down here and we had a life. We wanted more, we wanted to have the closest bond possible so we made a person who shared our DNA. Are you pregnant?"

Ronnie looked down at the counter. "Not yet. But theres this guy."

"And he wants kids now?" Eric gasped in fake shock.

Ronnie slapped his arm. "No, but i want kids, and i know he wants kids. And we're engaged. I just i dont know how long we'll have time before kids become a must in our lives. I want to live at our pace and i want to have kids when we plan on having kids."

"Ronnie, your life is your life. No one can take that away from you. You make your own choices, you decide when the time is right." Eric looked at her and then to the counter. "Me and Maria had kids because we wanted to. You and this guy will have kids when your ready. As long as i get an invite to the wedding."

"Always. Eric?"

"Yeah?"

"Can i stay here for a little bit?"

Eric nodded. "Always."

———
Ella speaks!

Im so sorry for going MIA. I have been dealing with a lot and just needed a break from the world lmao. Sorry this ones short too. Eric will be back at some point, idk when but you know.
Also question, do you guys want Ronnie and Jace to have kids sooner, like she gets pregnant in a couple chapters, or later, like closer to the end of the book? I want you guys to have an option cause i know people dont like when characters get preggo so soon.
I love you all! ❤️