50

Season 2 episode 13
"Those With Demon Blood"

     As Ronnie was walking down the street her phone started ringing

     As Ronnie was walking down the street her phone started ringing. She looked down to see Simon calling her. "Hi Simon."

"Where are you?" Clary asked through the phone. 

"Clary hi. Im like two blocks away from when you texted me like a minute ago." She had told Clary she was going alone and the red head had been paranoid about it. Which means Simon was paranoid about it.

"See this is stupid." Simon started. "We should have never let you convince us to let you walk alone. I should come over there so you arent alone."

"I'm fine, i'll be at the bar in like-" before she could finish her sentence Ronnie was pushed down so she hit the ground.

"Ronnie?"

Ronnie groaned as she felt her head start bleeding. The attacker came above her and punched her, her head snapping to the side.

"Ronnie! Ronnie, you okay?!" Clary called out through the phone.

All Ronnie could see was a figure pulling out a weapon. She tried sitting up and grabbing her seraph blade but she lost consciousness before she could.

When she came back she felt her body being raised and placed on a table. When she opened her eyes she saw a women standing above her. "Who are you?"

"I'm Kaelie, your Veronica right? New queen of the shadow world."

"What do you want with me?"

"I want shadowhunters to feel what its like to loose the ones that they love. My brother Samuel was all i had in this world and now he's gone." She slammed a knife down into the table right next to Ronnie's ear. Ronnie flinched. "Thanks to your husband."

"Listen to me, whatever Jace did, it was a long time ago. No ones deserves to go through what you did and im sorry."

"Shut up!" Kaelie slammed the back of a gun into Ronnie's head knocking her out.

🐝

When Ronnie came too, again, she could hear Kaelie talking to a little boy. Ronnie turned her head to see Max on the table next to her.

"Leave him alone." Ronnie spoke.

Kaelie snapped her head up. "What was that princess?"

"Do whatever you want to me, dont touch him." Ronnie looked at Max and gave him a reassuring smile. "Kaelie, im sorry for what happened to you." Ronnie kept talking trying to stall time as she used her bracelet to break the rope that was wrapped around her hand. "The best way to hurt Jace is through me. What better way then to kill his wife." Sure her and Jace weren't married yet but Kaelie believe they were. Kaelie started moving towards Ronnie. Ronnie finally felt the rope snap but she didnt move, she needed Kaelie to get closer. Ronnie needed something else, she could tell Kaelie needed more convincing to leave Max alone. "You know what else makes me the better target?"

Kaelie rose her brow. "What?"

"You kill me, you kill Jace's unborn child." Ronnie wondered why pregnancy was always popping up in her life lately, but in this situation is was a good lie. Kaelie smiled. "So kill me and you hurt Jace the most. Probably scar him for life."

Kaelie grabbed the knife from off the table and moved to stand beside Ronnie. As she lifted the knife above Ronnie's chest Ronnie used her free hand and turned Kaelies hand so the knife imbedded itself into the downworlders stomach. Kaelie had blood sputter from her mouth as she stumbled backwards.

Ronnie freed her other hand and stood up off the table. She ran over to Kaelie as the girl fell to the floor. "I'm sorry." Ronnie placed her hands over Kaelies. "I'm so sorry."

Kaelie shook her head. "Its...its okay. I understand."

Ronnie took in a deep breath as Kaelie went limp. She let go of her hands and stood up fully. Taking a couple steps back. She paused for a moment before rushing over to Max and getting him untied. The moment he was Max jumped into Ronnie's arms keeping his head burried in her neck.

"Its okay, we're okay." Ronnie looked at Kaelies body before turning and walking up the steps. Wanting to get Max out of there and go home.

🐝

"She had everything. Werewolf claws, vampire fangs, seelie blades. She used everything to make it look like a downworlder uprising." Ronnie told Jace, Izzy and Alec. They were sitting in Jace and Ronnie's office. After Ronnie had been looked at and Jace had made sure she wasnt hurt Alec wanted to know what had happened. They were all worried about her.

"The question is why." Jace held Ronnie's hand as they sat on the desk. Alec and Izzy facing them.

"She was angry, she wanted revenge." Ronnie told them.

"On who?" Izzy asked as she and Alec shared a look.

"On Jace." Ronnie looked at the blonde she was in love with. "She said you killed her brother and that she wanted shadowhunters to know what it felt like to loose the people they love. Jace she wanted to kill Max."

"She wanted to kill you Vee." Jace pulled her body into his.

"She only wanted to kill me because i convinced her too. I wasn't gonna let her touch Max." Ronnie looked at Alec and Izzy.

Alec smiled at her while Izzy mouthed thank you.

"Ronnie all we care about right now is that you and Max are okay." Alec looked at the girl he called his sister.

"Im okay, traumatised? Yeah. But thats normal." Ronnie smiled at them.

Jace only squeezed her body and kissed her head. Not wanting to let her go just yet.

——

Ella speaks!

Holy shit you guys this is chapter 50! I want to say thank you to everyone who's been reading this book. I have never gotten this far in a book without getting bored or tired of writing it. You guys are all amazing!!