19

Season 1 episode 10
"This World Inverted"

     Meliorn lead Jace, Ronnie and Clary through a forest

Meliorn lead Jace, Ronnie and Clary through a forest. "This place is beautiful."

"Welcome to the seie glade, Veronica, Clary. The remotest edges of it." Meliorn spoke.

Ronnie looked around. She reached back to grab Jace's hand. "So how are we supposed to find Valentine?"

"Clary's necklace." Meliorn turns around to look at her. Jace pulls it out if his jacket pocket. "It's a portal shard."

"Tell us something we dont know." Jace squeezed the girls hand.

"How does it work?" Meliorn asked as they continued walking.

"When Clary thinks of someone while touching the crystal she can see where they are." Ronnie tells him.

"I'm curious shadowhunter who knows so much about portals. Did you never wonder why this portal shard doesn't behave the way normal portals do?"

Jace shook his head. "Normal portals can only take you places you've been. I guess I never really thought about it."

"I see Isabelle is the smart one of the family." Meliorn jokes as he comes to a stop. "Your portal shard works the way it does because its a piece of a portal from another dimension."

"Another dimension?" Clary looks at Meliorn then Jace.

"You're saying theres a portal in some other universe that can take us to anyone if we just think of them?" Jace lets go of Ronnie's hand and crosses his arms over his chest.

Meliorn nods. "If you can find the only portal still standing in that dimension it will take you to him." The seelie turns and continues walking again.

Ronnie sighs and follows him. She feels Jace slip his hand back in hers and grips tight.

"These tree's are where the alternate dimension intersect the Seelie realm." Meliorn shows them a clearing where to large tree's stand.

"How is it possible the Clave doesn't know about your dimensional doorways?" Jace looks around as he speaks.

"They are our most guarded secret. We are the protectors. Only Seelies know of their existence."

"Then why tell us?" Ronnie looks over to Meliorn.

"I owe you a life debt and i dont like being indebted to anyone."

"What would happen if-" Clary starts.

"If the Seelie queen finds out I've shared this with you i could be executed." He turns his head to look at the blonde, brunette, and red head.

"Well, we'll be extra careful then." Jace tells him.

"There is no 'we' in this scenario. Only Veronica and Clary go in to find the portal. My debt is to them." Meliorn tells him.