18 || Make a man out of you

A/N: aaaaa another short chapter (I'm doing my best, holy week break is over and I'm now being attacked with homework and group projects wwwww)

~

Freddy realized that his friends' advice was getting him nowhere with you, so he decided to seek assistance from the one robot in this establishment who knew more about you than anybody else.

"No."

"But-"

"What gave you the impression that I'm good at these 'date' things?"

"You spent a lot of time with Y/N, and perhaps she has told you about her dating preferences?"

"What's in it for me if I help you?"

"Well... what are your demands?"

The moon pondered for a moment before finally knowing what they desired.

"I want a cactus."

"..."

"..."

"Oh...?" Freddy stared at the Moon in bewilderment for wanting something so simple.

"It doesn't have to be real. An artificial one will suffice."

"I see... consider it done."

"Wait here."

They left him for about 20 minutes before coming back with a mop.

"Pretend this mop is her. Try confessing to it."

"B-But, what if Y/N comes in like last time I tried to rehearse it with Monty?"

"I already took care of that."

The scene switched to you sitting at a dinner table talking to broken help bots that looked like a family. 

"Do you guys think I should get a pet? I think it would be nice but there are so many to choose from... I think a sea monkey would make a neat companion."

The scene changed back to Moondrop training Freddy on how to deal with you.

"Lesson number one: you're gonna need more patience than any kind of benevolent god to deal with her."

"What do you mean?" Freddy inquired.

"Talk to 'her'" the moon gestured to the mop.

"Y/N... we have known each other for a long time. I have... developed an interest in you-"

"You mean as friends?" The moon altered their voice to sound exactly like yours, with their real voice echoing behind it.

"I was hoping it could be more than that."

"Like best friends?"

"I-I mean... like when people hold hands and h-hug each other-"

"Let me stop you there." Freddy immediately shut his mouth, already embarrassed by how bad he tried to express his feelings.

"Lesson two: the thing about that weirdo is that she's slow... both physically and mentally, so if you need to run away, you have an advantage. As for the mental part, if you have something you want to tell her, DO NOT beat around the bush. The more you do that, the harder it will be for her to follow what you're trying to say."

He hummed and readied himself to try again.

"Y/N... I like you."

"I like you too, man. We're friends after all, right?"

"I love how you make everyone around you smile. I love how you make me feel a rollercoaster of emotions when I'm around you! I like how you are not ashamed to act like yourself around others!"

"Hm, not bad, Fazbear. It could still use some work, though."

"Lesson three: she really appreciates it when you remind her of what she needs to do. Her memory isn't that great and if you listen closely, you can hear her muttering her task over and over again."

"You know everything there is to know about her..."

"She harasses me every night, it's difficult to ignore her when she talks non-stop. Anyway, she should be back anytime now to continue with her tasks but you should try the third lesson on her." Freddy thanked them and left the Daycare to look for you.

He found you trying to change the tires on one of the karts.

Everybody gets tired~
But specifically the day 
I'm just tired of you~
FU-

"Hello, Y/N!" you got startled by Freddy suddenly coming up from behind you.

"Oh hey, what's up, G?"

"Would you mind if I joined you?" You shook your head, and Freddy stood by watching you change the last tire.

"Phew, finally!"

You exited the raceway with Freddy following behind, trying to listen for your muttering.

And there it was.

"Strings, Strings, Strings, Strings, Strings, Strings, Strings, Oh, Freddy's still following me? No, focus!.."

You stopped walking when you realized you had forgotten what you were supposed to do.

You had a look on your face that said you were disappointed in yourself.

"Erm- strings?" Freddy voiced, making your face light up.

"Strings! Thanks, G," you beamed at the animatronic. 

"Y-You're welcome, please excuse me!"

Freddy ran back to the Daycare to see the Moon waiting for him.

"Yeah, I knew you'd come back."

"You were right!"

"I know I am." 

"What about food? What does she enjoy?"

"She's not really picky so you don't have to worry about that. As long as it's edible, she'll devour it without thinking twice."

"A good thing about her is that she doesn't have any expectations. She just accepts what happens and rolls with it." they continued.

"Is there anything that I could do that would impress her?"

"Don't bother. I've seen creeps in this mall trying to hit on her with their skills in those rhythm games but she's not the least bit interested yet she's easily impressed by small things like a rock." They rolled their eyes at the memory of you gushing to them about a rock you found in your garden that had moss on it.

"I see... I really appreciate your help, Daycare Attendant!"

"Yeah, yeah, Just don't go to Mohawk for any more dating advice! 9/10 of it will end in disaster," they warned.

.

.

.

A/N: Updated April 19, 2022

I posted this meme before but since I unpublished the chapter this was in, imma dump it here wheee

Edited August 14, 2022