CHP:42

Enjoy reading guys

Ps: Important announcement at end of this chapter, do not ignore!!!

                               ***

Recap: Old man politely request Shivaay to stay as guest in his house as it was already late and it's unsafe to drive around.

"Aap ko kisi bhi cheez ki zarurat ho toh hume bola lijiye, hum yahi samne Wale ghar mein hai."( If you need anything, kindly call us for help. Our house is just opposite to yours).

"Aur aapke liye pani, khaana , kambal aur kapde rakh diye hai. Kissi bhi madat ki zaroorat ho, adhi raat bhi kyu na bejijak pukar lijeyega. (I have kept food and water including few blankets and clothes for you guys. If you need any help even in middle of the night, just us without second thoughts). Wife of the old man said.

"Shrukriya aap logoon ka, aap hum anjaan ki itni madat kar rahe hai" (Thank you so much, even being stranger, you guys are helping us so much.) Shivaay folded his hands respectfully.

"Ji shukriya ki koi baat nahi aur haa betiya jaldi theek hojaygi, chinta mat karna. Shubhratri." (Please don't thank us. And yes, your wife will be fine soon, don't worry. Good night.) Old man bid abide walking away with his wife.

Shivaay walked in the house and looked around, it was a small confinement with a window on one side. There was a fan on the ceiling and a small bulb that brighten up the whole room.

Water pot was kept near window, the inside was well maintained. His eyes fell upon his sleeping beauty who was lying in the middle on the blanket. Bandages wrapped around her head and hands.

He sighed before sitting beside her with cross legs. He delicately ran his hands through her hairs. "What should I do about you Anika. I surely need to ask Sarika maa after we reach back that what made you so clumsy? Had hai yaar, jab dekho girti-padti rehti ho aur apne aap ko chot lagati rehti ho! What was hurry to run behind me? You could have slowly walked down and we could have talked! Yesterday you were all about Shivaay , I am fine, and now see you are once again bed ridden..you...

"Shh ...kitna bolte hai aap. Aapki kud-kud se coma ka patient bhi baar aa jaye!" Anika taunted slowly opening her eyes.

"Anika, slowly..you are hurt." He helped her sit up properly.

He passed her some water and medicine that Vedji had given.

"How are you feeling?"

"My head hurts and so does by body but it's bearable."

"Will you be able to change into these clothes or you want me to call Madhu aunty?"

"Who Madhu aunty and where are we Shivaay?" Anika looked around the room.

"Villagers helped us, especially tended you and offered us this house to stay for a night. And Madhu aunty is this house owner's wife."

"Umm...no, I will change by myself. Can you just turn around." Shivaay nodded before turning his back towards her.

"Anika you sure you don't need help?" Shivaay asked listening her hiss in pain."

"No Shivaay, I'm almost done. You can turn now." Anika answered folding her clothes and keeping it at one end of the room.

"Can you turn around, I need to change too." Anika nodded .

...

"Let's have food. I'm so hungry." Anika mumbled as Shivaay walked in with plates. Having dinner in peace, both decided to call it night.

"Shivaay did you inform at home about our whereabouts?" Anika asked all of sudden.

"Sh*t! I did not. Wait, where is my phone?" Shivaay looked here and there , searched in his pant pockets but couldn't find it. I guess I left it back in the car. I'll just go and bring it."

"No Shivaay , it's not safe out there." Anika caught hold of his hands stopping him.

"Anika , don't worry...I will be back in a minute."

"But Shivaay.."

"I'll be right back, you lock the door from inside. Okay?" He nodded before walking out of the door. As said, Anika locked the door and waited for him to be back.

Five minutes passed , fifteen minutes passed , half and hour passed and Shivaay was not back. Tension was increasing by every second, she knew it was high time , she needs to find him , make sure he is okay?

Slowly opening the door which creaked , she stepped out tightening shawl over her body as cold wind passed by, there was no one to be seen around, her knees ached but rught now all she wanted was to find Shivaay. Leaves crippled under fer foot, only noise of creepers and night animals surrounded the environment.

'Anika wait! You don't even know where to go. Where will we find him? What if you get lost?' Anika's inner self asked making her stop at the place. It's true the surrounding were unknown and it will be dangerous for her to walk all alone at such place. Without thinking much she decided to knock the nearest door and ask for help.

Knock* Knock*... Knock Knock*...kya koi hai? Please meri madad kijiye...Knock*..

Door opened making her step back , a man wearing turban walked out yawning followed by his wife.

"Aree betiya, abb apki tabyat kaise hai aur aapke pati kaha hai? (Oh child, how do you feel now? And where is your husband?) The old man asked.

"Ji, mein theek hun par Shivaay, mere pati gaadi se kuch saman lene gaye the lekin aadha ghanta ho gaya voh abb tak nahi hai, please app meri madad kijiye na unhe dundhne ke liye!" ( I'm okay but Shivaay, my husband had gone to fetch something from the car and it's been half and hour and he is yet not back . Please help me find him.) Anika was on verge of tears.

"Aap chinta na kare beti, hum dekhte hai." ( Don't worry child, I will look into it.) The man walked out grabbed his stick and went to few other house knocking and calling people for help.

"Bhaiyo, aap sab jante hai hamare yaha 2 mehnman aaye hai aur inke pati apni gaadi se kuch saman lane gaye the par adhe ghante se upar ho gaya voh laut kar nahi aaya, toh abb hume milkar inke pati ko dondhna hai aur sahi salamat wapas lana hai. " (Gentlemen, as you all know we have two guest at our village today. In which this girl's husband went out to grab something from their car but it's been more than half and hour and he is yet not back. So let's together go and find him and bring him back safe and sound.) Old man announced to the group and earned yes from everyone.

"Mein bhi aapke saath chalna chahati hun! (I wanna come with you guys, please). Anika requested.

"Madhu tum bhi saath chalo" (Madhu you also come along.) Old man asked his wife to which she nodded.

They moved towards the entry of the village, and found car parked on the spot but Shivaay was no where to be found.

'Shivaay where are you?' Anika mentally asked looking frantically around.

"Kahi voh rasta toh nahi bhatak gaye?" (Did he got lost on his way?) Someday asked from the group.

"Chalo, jungle ki aur" (Let's move towards jungle.) Old man directed.

... To be continued

I hope you guys liked the chapter.

Where do you think Shivaay is gone?

Did he got lost or something happened to him?

How excited are you in scale 1-5 to read next chapter?

Precap: 🦉🌚🌃👻😨

To know what happens next, Stay tuned!

Announcement: I have my exams starting next week and it will finish by 2nd of May so there are chances I won't be able to update for these days. So till then see you and take care.

           Do read, vote and comment.