one

3rd Person POV.

The empty silence filled the air, but Yuri's mind had a voice echoing in it.

She yelled.

She screamed.

She screamed till her throat felt sore but her voice were turned into soft whispers, vanishing into thin air.

"Where are you Yuri, don't hide from me" a familiar evil voice echoed through her mind.

She herself didn't know where the hell she was. It smelt like dried up blood on rusted old iron. Everything was dark except for a light fog that hovered around. The kind of setting you'd picture there to be in a horror movie.
But this wasn't a horror movie. It seemed worse.

She couldn't move, couldn't speak, couldn't cry for help. It hurted, although she wasn't being hit.

Her mind was a mess. It was happening again. The unknown person was after her. She heard it. The sound of cans being kicked away and rolled along the stony floor. Boxes being shoved on the sides harshly. A grim appeared on its face, as if it were finding its prey but there was no hiding. The footsteps got closer and there was no chance of escape now.
Yuri's body shivered on the cold floor. She was too scared to react.

"Found you.", it announced proudly seeing Yuri's desperate figure, lost in disbelief.

Her eyes were fantasizing.
She couldn't believe it. The girl whose heart was filled with eunoia, the most considerate girl in class.

Lisa.

The girl who always stood second, a rank behind Yuri, now found her victim.

"Nowhere to run now huh".
Bending down at her level she got up almost immediately.

With a grip on her wrist.

"L-lisa" Yuri stuttered in fear followed by a painful, loud cry.

It was audible this time.

She was dragged along the rusty alley, which seemed as narrow and suffocating as a sewage. The harsh grip felt like her bones were getting crushed, leaving red, bloody bruises on it. The smell of rust and smoke filled the air. Yuri was harshly dumped into a small dark room.

"Stay here you filthy attention seeker. You'll think twice before outrunning me next time." Lisa thundered before she felt an agonizing pain strike her body.

She got up from her bed panicking and panting heavily. She was sweating and found herself on her bed, under the duvets as if nothing ever happened. Scanning the empty surroundings all that came in her sight was her matte wood cup board, the desk, her cabinets, her green soft board and the bathroom and room door. An ideal college student's room.

"I-its not real, it's not real" she mutters, letting out a heavy, shaky breath.

Some part of her knew, she couldn't just ignore it happen the 4th time this week. Yet for her own reassurance she chose to believe it was just a nightmare, like it had always been. Right when she held her hand out the reach the glass of water on her side table, something caught her attention.

Red marks on her wrist.

The same bruises which "Lisa" gave her.
She couldn't process what was happening. Her mind was not working, it never had in these situations. She was used to being threatened, mocked ridiculed and loosing her voice while at it all. But this was the first time these nightmares left physical imprints.

'It wasn't just a dream.'

Under her blank expression was a mess of confusion and panic. She never saw that cold, intimidating aura in Lisa. How could this be? It felt like it was all still a bad dream, like it had always been. You can deny your assumptions but you can't deny reality, especially when it's right infront of your eyes.