eleven

Lisa jolted up from her seat away from the group of students who were drowned in their discussions.

"Yuri did yo-"
"I saw it"

I sat on the empty seat next to Vernon getting ready to answer all their questions. It was only natural that everyone thought I knew Taehyung the best apart from his basketball team.

"Yuri do you think it's true?*
"Uhm.. I don't know"

I lowered my gaze trying to hint them that I didn't want to interact with it. I removed my phone and opened Taehyung's chat.

"Does Taehyung have a job?"
"He doesn't"
I looked back at the manly voice that answered Airee. It was Mark, he was in Taehyung's basketball team too. Gosh now what is he trying to do.

"Mark wouldn't you know? I mean you guys were pretty close," Airee asked. I tried ignoring all the background noises and focused on typing.

Taehyung😷

You:
Taehyung please listen
to me

I really have no idea
how this happened but
please believe me, it
wasn't me

seen

I cursed at my own unconvincing texts before I had to keep the phone down due to Sir Wilson entering. Anxiety never left my heart as I unconsciously shook my leg vigorously. Why doesn't he answer. I could barely give a shit to the stuff Sir Wilson kept uttering. I clicked the sides of my phone to check for a notification again when Vernon's voice made me nearly jump out of my seat, forgetting he was next to me.

"Jeez stop shaking the table"
"S-sorry"

I squeezed my eyes before slamming my head on the table. I made sure to not make a noise since I didn't want unnecessary attention. He wouldn't text back and I knew it was on purpose. I could sense Vernon eyeing me probably with concern but I was too busy pitying myself right now.

3rd Person pov.

"Taehyung just listen to me."

She followed behind him and couldn't care less how desperate she sounded. He just walks ahead sick of everything. As if the sports team fight wasn't enough now he had to get himself to believe in the slightest possibility that perhaps, Yuri had not spread it. To be fair, he didn't think that knowledge would get anyone anywhere. What would people do knowing his parents were dead? What would people do knowing he was basically living off the money he landed with by his parents and the insurance?

It's not like they knew the other half of the story.

What he cared about was what he was contemplating too. Why did he care whether he lost her trust or not? Even if she did spread it, it's not like she meant anything to him. He was just a fool once again to overshare his life with emotional strangers who used it to their own benefit. But at the same time,

why would it be anonymous?

Yuri could've easily let everyone know it was her so she'd became someone they'd bow down and worship for spilling all the untold truths about the people who held the most audience in curiosity. But she didn't, probably because it wasn't her, which was the only reason Taehyung held the last string of hope together. Still, hearing words that overshadowed the truth and seemed like innocent lies to him made his blood boil more than ever.