ten

TW: Suicide⚠️

"You're great help thanks."

"I'm aware"

Taehyung responds proudly after being paired up with Yuri to clean the school's store room.

"Can you at least help me a little!?"

She loathes eyeing the figure busy scrolling on their phone.

"No."

His voice barely comes out as a mutter with his attention still directed towards his phone.

How did it all end up like this?
No way Yuri would let his scary little words run over her but at the moment her reputation was on the line.
Taehyung received a pic of her from someone and she didn't particularly look human in that pic.

The half- asleep pic of her in her pajamas that Heejin had, had now contaminated to another person.

Taehyung. Probably not the most trustable one.

Rolling her eyes she placed the stack of magazines on the side when her elbow bumped on an ash brown book causing it to fall. Taehyung groaned, being interrupted by the loud noise.

"Im not doing a favor in here for you to increase my time being stuck in here"

He gazed down at her Not getting a response from her, who was way too emerged in what she found.

"Yah come here"

Taehyung shoved his phone in his pocket recognizing the rare tone in her voice. It was one of the few times he witnessed her away from her playful state. Just where the book fell, there was a newspaper. Not just any newspaper.

A 3-year-old newspaper.

"What? Throw it."
"Read the title Gosh."
"16-year-old girl Hyunjin commits suicide from... school rooftop."

For a minute none of them said anything. As if they were both recollecting something.

"The date was exactly a day before the camp, but three years ago."
"A day before my birthday. A day before the car crash I was in"
Yuri was way too shocked at the coincidence yet was too lost in her own thoughts. It had been 3 years since that incident. 3 years since all those sickening interrogations. 3 years since the case that closed in the blink of an eye. And most importantly.

3 years since the young, innocent girl passed away.

"That week was really cursed"

The guilt never left her. The fact that maybe, she could have done something, or maybe somehow they could've brought the family their justice.
The nightmares she got on the first few nights after that incident were still vivid in her mind.

"They just closed the case without any investigation."

"How can you say so"
Yuri looked at Taehyung unbelievably.

"Bitch I was there. I was the first person who witnessed her fall. I was the one who called the ambulance." Yuri almost yelled at the sudden adrenaline in the system due to all the memories flashing back.

Walking into the gates of the unfamiliar school, Yuri had the survey papers in her hand for the project that needed to be shared across schools. The guards let her in as they were told. She admired the surroundings of the sophisticated place. It was an old, yet well-off highschool. Not even 2 minutes in Yuri heard some chatters.

But the ground was empty.

She caught a figure moving high up, in the corner of her eyes. She turned around only to have a blade stabbed in her chest.