nineteen

'I won't let it happen. If she remembers, it's the end of me, everything I've been protecting until now under my chains  won't just fly away due to her remembrance.

I'll make it stop before it's too late."

Heejin finally replied to my messages and I was right, she wasn't in town and went to her grandma's place in the citiside for a few days. Lisa, her and I decided to go to the library to get some material checked in our respective departments. Although it was a holiday, the university facilities were still available. Lisa and I had planned this out intentionally although none of us seem to have been under the spell of elucidation yet. It was more of a reassuring mechanism and to our dissapointment we just had to discover Taehyung and Jimin's presence in the library. I didn't mention it because I don't think Lisa or Heejin noticed them yet.

"I heard finance syllabus is huge this time." I spoke trying not to stutter.

"Tell me about it," Heejin sighed with a hint of anxiousness in her tone, waiting for a professor to check some paperwork she gave. Me and Lisa shared a look as I felt some part of my heart feel light.

"Yall got memorizing to do." She said again, nothing to point out in her tone. She seemed exhausted, we all were, the final term exams were 40% of our grade.

Lisa and I nodded. Through the side of my eye, I got a glimpse of Taehyung practically setting all 3 of us on fire with his glare. They wouldn't have noticed it since the library was packed a heck lot. I looked back ahead, the Botany proffesors had not arrived yet making us wait longer than usual.

"Ah and, I couldn't reply to yall because of the connection you know, countryside shit." Heejin spoke again seeming oddly apologetic.

I smiled wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

"We've been there." She didn't say anything.

"Oh and Jimin sent in an entry for the theme for party after exams, make sure to vote for it."

"Right, I read the messages."

I tried my best to seem nice although I myself could feel the insides of me crumbling apart dying to find some answers in her behavior. This really wasn't the ideal time when everyone was worried about exams too. You can't differentiate, even if Heejin is fuck easy to read.

"Vernon can you check our work."

I heard Lisa's impatient voice as she ran towards a desk he sat on. His phone landed with a thud on the desk. He seemed like he was texting someone then looked up and nodded. I followed her and gave him mine too as we watched in silence, him ticking out throughout the paper.

"Lisa four wrong, Yuri 3 wrong."

We each took back our papers in discontent as Vernon stood up and left the scene.

"Damn I got like 7 wrong." Heejin spoke seeing our dissatisfied expression.

"Its okay your fat ass covers up for it." I said chuckling at my own joke seeing Heejin cautiously grinning as if she was scared of something. Now that was weird. I held her hand and walked towards the exit, getting ready, knowing Taehyung and Jimin won't just leave us with a greet.

"Oh, hey..." Lisa's voice lowered seeing Taehyung there as she looked at me nervously.

"Hey" Taehyung answered her taking me aback too as Lisa and I broke our eye contact hearing him continue.

"Getting work checked?" He raised an eyebrow with his signature calculative eyes as we nodded. I looked around discretely, trying to read Heejin and Lisa's expression. It was evident both of them wanted to escape the scene immediately. I noticed Taehyung deliberately looking at Heejin with that tone. Heejin looked away making me spare one last glance at him and back at her. What's wrong with them? With the cautious hint in the air I decided to speak.