twelve

She wasn't surprised. With nearly half of the department bombarding her with questions she felt herself breaking apart although it was expected. The test result was given in on the same day since it was just an mcq. Although it was a smaller test and Sir.William assured her she'd be okay, she couldn't get it out of her head.

From first to seventeenth.

It was her fault, she couldn't study and was too distracted. But it wasn't a distraction you could easily put behind you. She tried not to blame herself but there seemed like no one else in the picture.

'Dad would be so dissapointed'

She excused herself thankfully being understood by the others. Walking in the hallways she opened her phone just for the sake of getting a coping mechanism. She didn't want to burst out into anything between the class.
If it weren't for all the mess that piled up in the last few weeks she was sure none of this would happen. Why was her life taking such sudden turns. It was so overwhelming, definately not in a good way. The blame put on herself also was probably to hide the fact that she knew none of this was a coincidence.

The person behind her dreams and the person who uploaded the message.

"Yuri?"

Hoseoks voice snapped her back to reality. He leaned down to her height with a concerned expression as if he knew what was going on.

"Uh yea?"

She blinked rapidly trying to hide the tears in her eyes.

"Aye what's wrong? Is it the Taehyung thing?"

He responded even before Yuri could answer. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder as she nodded although it was just one of the hundred things that were wrong. She didn't want to continue the conversation knowing Hoseok- also in the basketball team, must've fought with him and it wasn't like she recovered from her despair already.

She heard him chuckle like the bright sunshine he was, even in the moments where you felt like running away and never coming back. It unknowingly made her smile. There was this thing in Hoseok; He could read people no matter who it was. He was like this immortal monk who had been around for so many years he had the knowledge and experience in everything. He knew how to get people to trust him- and he was trustable. Even if you didn't know him he could be your quarencia, your safe place anytime anywhere.

"Here let me tell you a secret"

Her eyes fluttered in curiosity as they both sat down on one of the benches in the park. You could easily mistake them for a couple with the trust they shared even with barely knowing each other. Not like they didn't look good together either.

"Taehyung isn't mad at you."

He stared at her as he spoke, expecting a surprised expression drawn upon her. Instead, she sat there in denial as if she heard him wrong. Taehyung hadn't texted her, spoken to her or even looked at her. There was no way he wasn't mad. Hoseok held her hand catching her off guard for a moment before he gave her a geniuene smile again.

"Alright let's take it this way. I've known Taehyung for... eh not a long time but, Taehyung really isn't the type to judge you based off a one time thing. That boy is clever let me tell you, he has other plans."

He didn't lie, yet he didn't say the whole story either. The lost figure realized he was done speaking and sighed finding her words. She didn't understand why he was being like this.

"Hoseok... didn't you and Taehyung fight?"

His eyebrows furrowed as he showed an unbelievable expression. He laughed before eyeing her again finding her uncomfortable state unnecessary.