eight

⚠️TW: Choking, mention of blood, abuse⚠️

'It always has to be me'

She gazed up, clumsily sitting next to Taehyung.

"What do you want?"

Yuri noticed an odd expression drawn upon his face. "Uh..." she paused for a moment thinking of a reply. What would she say? She was curious so she followed him? She herself had no idea why she was here, when her gaze diverted to the marshmallow in her hand.

"I want you to eat this"

she blurted out instantly then realizing how peculiar that sounded. Taehyung gave her a puzzled look as he spoke.

"And... How do I know you haven't mixed poison in it?"

"Oh, I'm being nice, accept it."

She spat impatiently as Taehyung finally took it then gazed back at the front. The silence seemed too loud making Yuri want to run away and hide in a bush. She was an idiot to trust her instincts in the first place.

"So, what are you doing here at this hour?"

She said trying to clear off the uncomfortable atmosphere.

"I do this every night, just to clear off my thoughts", he said truthfully, not caring if she found it lame. They stared at the glistening moonwake while she was deep in thought. No wonder she'd seen this happen before. Exactly why he was sitting on the beach the other day. The moonlight was shining on the front part of his face glistening on his dark brown eyes. He looked so ethereal like this and she couldn't deny it. He wind blowed his hair to a side as she realized she was staring too much. Looking back at the lake she spoke.

"Isn't it beautiful"

He nodded when she realized it was her chance.

"I... heard you had an argument with your teammates?" Clearing off the silent atmosphere as Taehyung's gaze changed as he bit his lip.

"Yea..."
The foreign expression on his face filled her with anxiousness. She was always used to a confident, bold Taehyung.

"Don't worry they're your friends they'll forgive you" Yuri said positively trying to brighten up the mood but instead heard Taehyung chuckled.

"They're not my friends"

he said looking at Yuri, who had no clue what he was saying.

"None of them are interested in being my friend- friends with Kim Taehyung. They're just interested in the Ace of the Academy for their own fame and image."

Why did she feel her heart shatter.
Was it because she never saw this side of him? Although he didn't show it she knew he felt like a pariah right now.
There was a long pause. Yuri was just about to speak up when he did.

"They don't even know my birthday".

Yuri's eyes turned bigger as she got the sudden realization.

"Is it-"
"It's today"

Yuri felt her heart stop not knowing what to say. He sighed at his own words and gave her a blue look.

"Its ok, I don't celebrate it. My parents passed away on the same day 6 years back, I don't like doing anything on this day. Wouldn't it be a shame to do so?..."

He said blankly as if it was nothing. His words were like a knife stabbed down her throat. Yuri felt like she was going to burst out sobbing. There was something with emotionally strong people that softened her heart. She didn't know whether it was because she could see a side of her in them.

She knew he had a lot to say. The most well-rounded guy in the college had been hiding such a big secret?

"Isn't it crazy how no matter perfect you are, even if you're considered as an "ace", once you're done with, people just pretend like they never met you."

He said staring at the water as Yuri was stuck pondering. No matter how icy his eyes were she felt like this was the truer side of him. He'd just been hiding it. In the end people like him were only used for benefits, no one actually wanted shit from them. She realized it was something she'd probably never experience first hand.

She suddenly remembered. The small packaged back she brought was still in her pocket. It was quite mashed up due to all the outdoor activities, yet perfect to be comsumed. She unwrapped it as he eyed her actions

"Come on have it"

She said as Taehyung was about to speak but she cut him off.

"Don't argue just eat"

she said smiling as he finally ate it while she clapped and wished him.
"If I get diabetes im going to blame you"
he said as Yuri laughed. "Let's go back now" he said as they got up.

"And..."

she abruptly stood infront of him making him stall.

"Your secret is safe with me", she said flashing her smile as she held out her pinky finger. Her expression changed to frown hearing him.

"That's for kids"

He walked ahead as if he didn't just change his personality few seconds ago.

This boy can't be nice.

She was choking.

The long graceful hands gripped her throat so hard she felt like she was vomiting blood.

"Today... you're dead."
Her eyes shot open with her lips pursed from the heavy force.

Yuri's legs flung in the air trying to push away whoever it was.
Yet it felt like her body stayed still having no response to the shadow.

"You can't..."

She couldn't make out their voice.
She couldn't see them.
Everything was pitch black but she had an image of the figure.
She couldn't breathe. Her soul gave up on her until... She heared footsteps.

"I"ll kill you"

The obscure screeched in the most excruciating way as if it were it's last words. The words felt like they were bleaching in through Yuri's brain. Even when her eyes were closed, there was the threat written in bold red.

'Painful'

The only way to describe it. No matter how hard Yuri pressed her ears to her face, the voice kept abusing her mind. She felt like a mental patient being tortured in an asylum although nothing was really happening. Out of all the mess she could still clearly hear the predator's words resonate in her head.

"I'll kill you"

She felt like blood was dripping down her ears. She felt her eardrums burst.

"Like how you killed me."