twenty three

I had my black jacket on, with the chain zipped up. I entered the building, telling the outside security I was here for a meeting and they suprisingly let me in thinking it was just another client. The atrium of the office itself was huge with multiple passages and doors everywhere.

I got into the lift and searched for the CCTV room in the guide poster stuck up. It was in the lower ground basement which made the work easier so I could get out quicker once it was done. I walked out of the elevator looking normal. Even if no one was watching, the CCTVs were so I had to be careful. The place seemed like a parking area and was mildly empty which was good, I'd look like just another normal employee.

I followed a light emitting from one corner of the place and sure enough it was some advanced CCTV cum circuit room. I entered and to my fortune the place was empty. I knew I did something coming here at dinner time when most of the guards would've been on break.

I walked through this passage with what seemed like lockers on either sides. The chain ended leading to some big machines which I assumed were computers or the control unit with one of them having the records of the data three years back. I saw the main computer, on a table which was the unit attached to all of this. I wore my gloves so no one could track the finger prints and went into the files, searching through these large scale storage machines for the records of footages of 3 years ago.

Computer science as a minor really seemed to help because even with the knowledge, it felt like my mind was just pretending to know all the systems around me. I finally found a file that said "Monitors" which led to "CCTV" which led to "CCTV 20XX" which was the year I was finding. I went to "CCTV 20XX (MONTH)" and then scrolled through all the dates. My eyes fixated on the particular date as I clicked it waiting for it to load.

Ofcourse a 24 hour video of different angles in the multi-story building was anything but a light media. I cancelled it, knowing it wouldn't load so soon plus it had a lock icon on it saying it needed some decoding. The storage location was in the 8th storage unit which I counted and it was the last one.

Before I walked over to it, I deleted the CCTV footages of the room I was in for the past 15 minutes and forward fifteen minutes. It successfully vanished and I knew I didn't have much time before I had to head out. I placed the computer back to the desktop screen so it wouldn't look like anyone touched it.
I shoved in my hard drive and clicked on the serial number the file had said. The machine showed a bar that was loading and right then a voice interrupted my actions making my heartbeat increase like never.

"Miss, may I ask what you're doing in here?"

More than startled I felt this was already the end of me. Thank God I managed to stand up straight, hiding the hard drive behind me else I'd be having a lot to explain. The man, who through his clothes, I assumed was a security had a calm voice, wanting me to speak first.

"Oh... no I was just called but I was said I shouldn't mention it to anyone."

I cursed at my stuttering and the security raised an eyebrow.

"May I ask you to follow me, I'm afraid I wasn't informed on such a visit. If we find anything sketchy this could lead to bigger problems and the police will be involved so please, after you."

He extended his arms telling me to go ahead. Police? This couldn't be that bad? I knew this was an extremely high class company, you could tell easily when the control room itself was so luxurious. It felt like a criminal right now even though I knew all of this was to find another one. I was about to speak, wanting to negotiate with him when we both heard a sound of someone running. The footsteps itself felt familiar and I knew who it was.

"Yoona where are y- oh what's going on?"

Taehyungs voice resonated in the room as he eyed the security but that wasn't what stood out. It was his attire- a white shirt with a black tie on and expensive black jeans. What the hell was he doing here? He must've known I was here otherwise he had no purpose to be. The fake name was what gave it off and I understood he was lending a hand.