twenty five

Vernon had now become the hot topic, not just in the university but across the nation. Heejin had been having a hard time getting recognized for being the girl behind that horrid case, which now resurfaced with the murderer being found and the victim still in the process of recovery, legally changed her name.

The kidnapping was initially thought to be a group work but all those deleted camera footages, hidden trails were behind a single 20 year old. It only showed how much experience he had, even before his life started.

After that day, everyone seemed to be taking a break thinking about everything that had been happening. Yuri knew who'd been having it the hardest, Heejin. For the first time in her life, Yuri didn't feel the need to check up on her. She wasn't sure if it was because of her ugly yet unintentional actions or because she knew it was something Heejin had to recover from alone.

Lisa was in chaotic peace, finally getting sleep, finally being able to roam around freely without a fear of being harassed. Moreover she couldn't believe she was the reason to someone's dearest one's death and being forgiven for it at the first time being aware of it was anything but underwhelming.

And Yuri finally, couldn't get a lot of things out of her head. Everything Taehyung had been hiding, his job, under Jimin's father. Jimin helped Taehyung after his accident which meant they knew each other for so long. She couldn't believe everyone had so much behind the side of them they portrayed.

She and Taehyung were incredibly close now. Taehyung had one simple reason for picking on her. He envied her, for having such a- what seemed like free life. Friends who loved her, a beautiful family, she was good at studies too. But with assumptions came realization. He wasn't training as an agent for nothing. He noticed Yuri's progressive change in behavior and he knew something was wrong.

It started when Heejin sent him that half-asleep pic of Yuri in her pajamas.
How did she get that in the first place? Something Yuri recollects too. Heejin was in her room, at night, while Yuri was asleep. She couldn't believe she missed such a big hint right infront of her from the start.

Then during the school trip, the unknown behind that message who exposed Taehyungs secret- Heejin, was there, listening to them. The man made pile of sticks Yuri picked up were initially collected by her, which Yuri happened to take back with her. Heejin seemed to always separate Taehyung from Yuri because she hated the attention Yuri got all the time. She believed Yuri had a dark unveiled side no one knew about and that she didn't deserve the hype her name itself brought.

All those misunderstanding seemed to be cleared but not forgotten. Yuri couldn't stand being in the same room as Heejin without getting the urge to look away. She couldn't unsee the side of her she witnessed for the past months. Even if it wasn't intended, there was no going back now. She recollects all the pain she had to go through, her life changed so quick like a coin flip and it was all because of Heejin and that one incident she couldn't clear out.

Lisa noticed the state of everyone, even though they hadn't met face to face since Vernon was taken away. Lisa convinced the girls they had to go shopping for the party which was just the next day. If it weren't for her, Yuri and Heejin would've forgotten about it already.

"Should we go backless?" Lisa asked surfing through hangers and hangers of dresses.

"No, it's going to be cold and you have short hair." Yuri replied.

"Right."

Yuri looked through the clothes, her mind being lifted after getting a sniff of the outside world. Heejin didn't talk a lot, the air was awkward. Yuri owed Lisa a ton for keeping everything in place.

"How about this?" Yuri picked up a a grey layered frock.

"I'm sure we'll look like kids infront of Jennie and Airee's group, wearing such simples dresses.