Storage closets and claustrophobia

I just realized the last time i updated was in march. feel free to yell at me😭

~~~

"Hey! You! Kaden! My brother's friend!"

Qibli internally sighed and turned around at the sound of Anemone's voice.

"Your stupid football friends stole my phone and put it in the boy's change room and I need you to go get it."

"Why'd they st—" he paused. "Never mind. I don't care."

Qibli went into the change room and went to where the freshman jocks liked to hang out. They stopped being obnoxious fourteen year old boys long enough to acknowledge him.

"Hey, you're the Desert guy." The one in the middle of all of them said.

"Did one of you take a cheerleader's phone and hide it in here?"

The one in the middle laughed. "Yeah. She got all mad and yelled at us. It was really hot."

"She wants it back."

"We told her she has to make out with me for it."

The rest of them laughed.

Qibli rolled his eyes. "Just give me the phone."

They must have realized that he really wasn't in the mood for childish games. The middle one nodded and one, who seemed to be the ringleader nodded, and of them left and came back with a pink phone covered in rhinestones.

Qibli took it from him. "And don't treat girls like this. If you showed them some respect you wouldn't have to do so much for a kiss."

Qibli opened the door to see Anemone standing there impatiently. "God, finally." She held her hand out and he gave it to her. "Could you have been any slower?"

"I can go give it back to them if you want."

She rolled her eyes. "Thank you. Is that what you wanted?"

He grinned. "Was that so hard?"

"Whatever. Bye."

"What's her problem this time?" Moon asked him as she came up to him with Summer beside her.

"The freshman jocks stole her phone."

"What did that have to do with you?"

"They put it in the change room and she wanted me to get it for her."

"And you did? What a little sweetheart." Summer told him with a smile.

"Guys I'm gonna cry." Kinkajou said as she came up behind them. "I don't think they should be allowed to make us go to school four days after New Years."

"I know, what a tragedy." Qibli said. She didn't catch the sarcasm in his tone.

"Right?! Like my sleep schedule is still so messed up! I woke up like twice last night and I was supposed to go to the mall with Tamarin today but now I'm too tired."

"First world problems." Summer sighed.

Kinkajou nodded in agreement, but it didn't look like she fully understood what that meant. "I had the weirdest dream last night."

"You should tell Summer all about it." Qibli said.

"Do you and Moon have somewhere to be?" Kinkajou asked him.

"We have this thing....at this place...that's mandatory." He wrapped his arm around Moon's waist and started going towards the door, Moon looking relieved out of her mind.