Confessions

Anyone else getting some serious Shawn Mendez vibes? Love the song though!

Backwards - Alexander Stewart

Summer's POV

Okay, so as some of you may have guessed by now, I definitely like Winter. And not just as s friend. And I know, it's stupid. I probably just sound like another one of those silly girls who fell for Winter Snoww. But honestly, I don't think it's that at all. Most people like him for his looks. And I guess his mysteriousness too. Me? I really think he understands me like no one else does. And judging by the conversations we usually have, he feels the same about me. His stunning good looks are really just a bonus.

3rd person POV

"Hmm, I feel like something's missing..." Kinkajou thought aloud as she examined the poster she was working on with Summer and Moon.

Kinkajou claimed it was meant to be a decoration to put in their restaurant for the dumb project they were assigned, but Summer was sure it was just an excuse to put the words 'Welcome to the Fanciest of Fanciest Fancy restaurants', --in pink sparkly letters no less--on a piece of paper.

Winter, Qibli and Turtle had all gone to work on the script and the menus in case you were wondering why they weren't around.

"Was it really necessary to add that line on the bottom? That's not even our team name." Moon said, pointing to the slightly smaller letters written on the bottom of the poster that read: 'Brought to you by The Pineapple Revierro'.

"Yet," Kinkajou corrected.

Summer and Moon shared a glance. "What does 'revierro' even mean?" Summer asked.

Kinajou shrugged. "It sounds fancy." Before anyone could reply to that--not that anyone had an answer--Kinkajou piped up again. "Wait. I got it. It needs more glitter. We should decorate it with sparkly sunflowers and pineapples! That would look so cute!"

"Okay, well maybe instead of having this as our main poster, we should hang this somewhere in the halls so people would know about our project, and want to check it out!" Moon suggested.

Kinkajou pondered that for a moment. "I guess that could work. But seriously, we need more glitter!"

Summer decided she could deal with that. So much better than having this glittery poof as their actual project.

"So, you really like Winter, don't you." Kinkajou said after a few beats of silence.

Summer paused her action of dipping a paint brush into a blob of sparkly yellow paint. She was sure that if it weren't for her amazing self control, she would have been blushing madly at the moment.

Instead, she shrugged. "I guess I do. Why?" She admitted honestly.

"Oh, just wondering why it's taking you guys so long to confess to each other." Kinkajou answered.

Summer sighed and sat up straighter, putting her paint brush down. "Honestly? I just feel like it's too soon...Like I just met him and suddenly I have this crush on him, and apparently he likes me back. But don't get me wrong. I would definitely date him if he asked me to, or if it feels right in the moment, but maybe I should just wait a bit..."

"No!" Kinkajou exclaimed. "This is high school! You only go through it once! You do stupid stuff that you know you'll regret later on in life, but that's just part of the experience. And I'm not saying you'll ever regret dating Winter. He's so nice, and he would never hurt anyone. Especially not you, since I know he really cares about you."

Moon agreed. "Plus, I feel like you shouldn't wait too long before confessing since things can change... And you also don't want to get too comfortable with him so you start viewing him as a brother and then it just seems weird."