Spanish?

Winter's POV

Moon's been hanging out with us for the past three days since she came here. I have to admit, she's really nice and pretty but kinda shy around people. She cares about a lot of things and apparently her parents are divorced. I'm shocked she doesn't act like one of those people who think the world evolves around them and them only just cause their parents are separated.

3rd Person POV

Like his friends, Winter Snoww was fifteen and had just started his sophomore year in high school. His school was good, and his friends were nice. School was usually his favourite place to be. Not because of the classes, (those sucked) but because of his friends. School was the only place where he didn't feel like a complete loser. Well, school or anywhere that wasn't around his parents or his aunt.

"Winter!" Someone whispered loudly.

Winter came back to his senses and his vision unblurred. He had zoned out in class again. What class was it again? Oh right. Cooking.

Kinkajou was waving her hand in front of his face to get him to stir back to life.

"You're never supposed to not not zone out in class! Its not that boring." She said

"What?" Winter asked.

"She means you're not supposed to zone out in class" Said Qibli.

Moon giggled.

"We have a project to do." Turtle pointed out. He seemed to be the only one listening.

Winter brought his attention back to the front of the class and tried his hardest not to fall asleep while mr. Gill spoke.

"...You will be put in groups of four or five and you will have to cook a dish from another country..." Gill was droning on and on about their new project but Winter only listened to the important part.

. . .

"Winter!" He heard Kinkajou whisper again. "Are you like, sleeping with your eyes open or something?" she asked examining his face. Actually, Her nose was only about an inch or two away from his and he flinched back so hard he almost fell off his chair.

"Anyways," Said Moon. "We're all in one group. Any of you have any ideas?"

Kinkajou piped up. "OOH! I went to mexico once and they have this amazing cake thing called a flan. It's so good!"

"Oh I've heard of that." Said Qibli

"Same!" Said Moon "We should totally make it! everyone agree?"

They all answered yes and in the next moment, Moon had her laptop out and was doing research for the recipe.

She found a page with instructions and ingredients, but it was all written in some gibberish Winter didn't understand.

Moon hadn't seemed to notice, but she did look like she was reading it. Which was confusing.

Qibli also seemed to notice because he was staring at her, his awe not very well hidden.

"¿Tu hablas Español?" He asked.

Moon looked confused. "How did you know?"

"That's written in Spanish." Qibli answered, nodding at the screen. 

Moon looked at the screen. "Oh! I didn't even realize! Sorry."

Kinkajou laughed. "That's like, so cool! I tried learning spanish once. I sucked at it."

"So you speak two languages?" Qibli asked. It didn't sound like he found that super impressive, but that definitely changed after she corrected him.

"Four actually," Moon specified, "I also speak French and German."

Qibli stared at her in disbelief. "Wow." He breathed.

"OH. EM. GEE! THAT WAS SO CUTE!" Kinkajou yelled with a squeal.

Qibli blinked. "What?"

"THAT FACE YOU MADE! WHEN YOU WERE STARING AT MOON! YOU WERE LIKE," She made a face that was like a five year old girl staring at a limited edition barbie or something.

" I looked like that?" Qibli asked.

They all laughed, and Winter was trying to figure out what they found funny.

~~~

"So, Moon," Qibli was interrogating Moon. "How do you say 'Hi my name is Moon' in German?"

The group was in the cafeteria on their lunch break and Qibli and Kinkajou had asked her at least a gazillion questions.

"Halo, mein name ist Moon." Moon replied.

"So cool!" Said Kinkajou. 

"Okay, now How--" Qibli started but Winter cut him off.

"How do you say, 'Qibli please shut up so Winter and Turtle can enjoy their food' in French?"

Kinkajou erupted With laughter while Turtle almost choked on his sandwich. Moon was giggling when Qibli told her something that sounded French.

Yup. Qibli took french classes and was becoming more and more fluent in it. He also spoke Spanish. His family was from like Mexico or something.

Moon let out a smothered laugh, as if she hadn't been able to contain it.

Winter smirked and let out a chuckle. "Why don't you say that to my face, Qibli." He said

Qibli opened his mouth to speak, and somehow Winter knew exactly what he was going to say.

"In a language I understand." he specified.

Qibli grinned. He made a stupid face and began making weird noises that kinda sounded like Dracula. 

"What are you doing?" Winter asked.

"Speaking a language you understand." Said Qibli looking up.

"Funny, you speak it too." Said Winter.

"Oh no, I'm just trying my best to imitate you." Qibli answered, with a grin.

Winter shot him a glare that had him inching away.

Moon wasn't laughing but instead patted Winter's shoulder. He could tell she was about to burst though.

Turtle was just eating his sandwich as if he had absolutely NO clue what was happening... which he probably didn't.

That was a little messed up, but I guess it was fun to write... Oh and by the way, I'm back here a few months later trying my best to edit this cause I was re reading this and I found SOOO many like punctuation and structure mistakes in this!

~Maya B. 💕