the awesomest

elizabeth is dead😀
I forgot to say it earlier

I last updated like in november😭I've been soo busy but I'll try to be more consistant <33

Also why did no one tell me I was forgetting their little first person thoughts at the beginning of the chapters??

~~~

Turtle's pov

I love my family. All my sisters, including Anemone of course, despite what people might think. She's a little mean, but I can tell she's working on it. Also, she's my baby sister. I can't not love her. I love Coral too (she doesn't really respond when I call her Mom), but I don't understand her. I never have, and I'm not sure if I ever will. 

~

"Turtle?" Turtle was awoken in the middle of the night by his little sister.

He squinted at the little person at his now open door. "Auklet?"

She fiddled with the ears of her bunny Fredrick. "I had a bad dream."

Turtle internally sighed. Where's a competent mother when you need one?

It wasn't that he didn't want to help his sister, he did. It was just that she moved in her sleep. A lot. Which meant Turtle would be getting no sleep, and he had a test in the morning. He reached for his phone and checked the time. 2 am.

He sat up and invited her over. "Come here."

She closed the door behind her and climbed up, hugging him tight.

"It's okay, it was just a dream."

"Can I stay here with you?"

"Yeah, of course,"

She laid down and nuzzled her face in Fredrick's ears. "Can you scratch my back?"

"Mom," Turtle said when he entered the kitchen a few hours later. His mother didn't look up from her magazine. She seemed to be comparing her cheek bones to Angelina Jolie's. "Mom?" he tried again. She didn't look up. "Coral."

That got her attention. She looked up for a second, then back at the magazine. "Can I help you?"

Yeah, I'm your son. Maybe act like it.

He sighed. "Auklet wasn't feeling well last night. She had a nightmare and came to me. I just thought you should know."

"Oh my god! My baby!" she made sure to neatly put the magazine back in place before rushing up the stairs to Auklet's room.

Turtle slowly followed.

Coral was already in Auklet's room by the time he caught up to her. She was in the process of hugging her daughter when Turtle came up.

"Auklet, baby why didn't you tell me you had a bad dream?" she asked the kindergardener.

"I did tell you," Auklet answered, wiping her eyes, "but then you told me to go back to bed because you need to sleep for a long time every night and you didn't want me to bother you."

Wow.

"Oh baby I didn't mean it like that," Coral said, "I just said that mummy needs to sleep for nine hours and I was very tired yesterday, you can understand, right?"

Auklet nodded, even though it didn't seem like she understood.

"Aw, you're okay now, right? Should we stay home from school today?" Coral asked her.