I am Moonwatcher Night

Moon's POV

My name is Moonwatcher. But I go by Moon. Um... I moved here to Pyrrhia high from Jade high. I don't really know why I moved. I just did. Well... my mom made me. It's not like I miss Jade Mountain. It was filled with toxic people that didn't talk to me. So I'm glad I left.

3rd person POV

Moon stopped in front of the  double doors of Pyrrhia High. She took a deep breath and pushed the doors. The halls were deserted, so she assumed everyone was already in their homerooms.

The school was very nice. The inside walls were almost completely covered in artwork from students, flyers for school dances, sports teams and after school clubs. Moon wondered if she should sign up for anything. The whole place was nice, but what really caught her eye was a huge banner hanging from the roof that said:

PYRRHIA HIGH: HOME OF THE PYRRHIA DRAGONS

Moon caught herself staring at it in awe. It was really beautiful. Probably made by some kids from the art club.

Then she heard a bell ring. Probably the one that indicates start of classes. She hurried to room 207, her homeroom.

Moon paused in front of the door. She could hear the teacher talking about her.

"...will be having a new student in our class today. Her name is Moonwatcher Night, and she will be joining us for the rest of the year and hopefully for the rest of her years in highschool." Was all she heard him say, but she knew that was her cue to enter the class.

She twisted the door nob and pushed the door open.

Moon really started to get nervous when she saw all the new faces staring at her. She waved anyways. "Hi."

They seem nice. She thought when two of the students smiled at her.

"Hello Miss. Night," Said the teacher. "I am Mr. Dune and I will be your homeroom teacher for this year. I also teach social studies so you will be seeing me again later today. Since you are new, would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?"

Moon saw one of the girls in the back of the class giggle and whisper something to her friend.

Were they talking about her?... Maybe not.

"M-My name is Moonwatcher Night, but you can call me Moon if you want." When she saw that no one had made any rude comments... or any comments at all, she continued. "I moved here last week from jade Mountain, where I went to school. I don't know why I moved, but my mom said it would be better for me here."

She glanced back at her new teacher who seemed to be zoned out. But when he seemed to notice no one was talking, he snapped out of it and spoke up again. "Thank you Moonwatcher, you may go take a seat at any empty desk."

Moon walked slowly and found a seat beside a red haired girl. She was about to sit there, when the girl said in these exact wards:

"What are you doing, girl? I never said you could sit here."

Moon jumped a little. 

Damn, okay.

"Let's go, move." Said the red head.

Moon grabbed her bag to leave when she heard a voice behind her

"Hey Moon! You can come sit with us!" It was the rainbow haired girl who had smiled at her.

Moon made her way over to meet them. They both smiled at her as she sat at the empty desk beside them.

"Hi I'm Kinkajou! So you're the new girl! I've been DYING to meet you!" Said the rainbow haired girl, Kinkajou.

"And that's Qibli, Winter and Turtle!" She said pointing at each of them.

Moon waved at them. "Hey!"

This is your chance to make real friends for once! Don't mess it up.

~~~

Ok so not the best, but it gets better.

~Maya B. ❤️