The Opera

Another Billie Eilish song!

Everything I Wanted - Billie Eilish

Moon's POV

So, Winter and Summer finally got together! Kinkajou literally freaked when she found out. As if anyone was surprised. Anyways, fast forward a few weeks and my friends and I are all taking a school trip to the opera. Fun right?

3rd Person POV

"Oh my gosh Moon! You look so pretty!" Kinkajou squealed as Moon made her way to where Kinkajou was waiting with Winter, Turtle and Qibli.

"Thanks!" Moon answered as she and Kinkajou wrapped their arms around each other in a hug. "That is so cute!" She said, gesturing to Kinkajou's outfit after they pulled apart. They were supposed to be dressed in black and white to look formal, and Moon was surprised Kinkajou actually did it. She and Moon were dressed pretty similarly (not on purpose), a black skirt and a white off-the-shoulder long sleeved top. Only Kinkajou's ruched bodycon skirt was tighter and her shirt was cropped and satin.

Kinkajou smiled.

They spent another few seconds smiling at each other, and it was then that Moon noticed Kinkajou had brushed a bit of silver, shimmery eyeshadow on her eyelids.

"So, when you guys are done talking about dresses, could you maybe acknowledge the other people here?" Qibli said, making Moon flinch.

"Sorry, I forgot you guys were there." Moon admitted, turning to face her guy friends.

"Gee, thanks."Winter mumbled, smirking as Moon fumbled to apologize.

Turtle let out a few silent snickers as Moon wrapped her arms around Winter, then him in a greeting hug.

She did the same for Qibli, but in addition, she placed a quick peck on his cheek before pulling away.

"So..." Qibli started, snaking an arm around Moon's waist. "The opera. Anyone exited?"

None of his friends smiled. "Well," Moon tried. "It might be... nice?"

"I really can't believe Fruitbat is making us visit the opera. She said it was gonna be a fun field trip. I'm so not exited for this." Kinkajou sighed.

"Wow," Summer said as she strode over to them. "Something's gotta be a special kind of boring if even Kinkajou isn't exited for it."

Winter let out an amused snort. "Yeah."

Summer smiled, stopping next to Winter. "You guys look... wow."

"Says you!" Kinkajou piped up. "You are so. Gorgeous! And that dress, and that necklace, and those shoes, and that hairdo is wow."

She wasn't exaggerating. Summer wore a dress, it was black and went down to about her mid-thighs, so not very short but it hugged her body like a second skin in a way that Moon was sure she'd never be able to pull off. She'd paired it with a puffy cropped Christian Dior jacket, and an expensive looking silver chain with a diamond heart hung around her neck. She wasn't wearing a lot of makeup. Just some shimmery eyeshadow, mascara and black eyeshadow wings and sparkly, clear lipgloss.

Summer's cheeks tainted pink as she stared down at her black heels and smiled shyly. "Thanks."  She lifted her gaze back up once she'd gotten her cheeks under control. She grinned as she noticed Qibli, who once again, wasn't the most formal person ever. "Who else isn't surprised that Qibli hates dressing up?"

They all laughed, except Qibli, who tried defending himself. "Come on guys, cut me some slack this time! I'm wearing a bowtie!" He said, as though that was the coolest thing ever.