Music

Goodbye brother. Rest In Peace. We all miss you.    

Hey Brother - Avicii

Qibli's POV

I honestly don't get why or how Summer's not bothered at all by her father's death. Well, yeah it was like what, when she was twelve or something, but still. She seems relatively happy about it... I mean, she could be hiding her emotions behind her mask of sassiness and confidence. . .

3rd Person POV

"Hey, where did Moon go?" Winter asked, a few minutes after Summer  had left.

Moon had said she was going to the washroom but it had been at least ten minutes and she wasn't back yet.

"I'll go find her." Kinkajou said, surprisingly quietly.

Qibli stood up too. "I'm gonna... uh, yeah go do something." He said.

Winter and Turtle shared a glance. "Should we care?" Winter asked, earning himself a shrug from Turtle. "Fair enough."

Qibli flashed them a grin before running out of the cafeteria.

"Qibli" Someone called behind him. Qibli turned around to see a girl twirling her hair around her finger.

Qibli internally groaned. I don't have time for this...

"Come see!" The girl said. "We needa show you something." She gestured to the table she'd been sitting at with other girls.

The girls all stood up and ran towards Qibli and...the other girl.

They  all started talking at once to Qibli about god knows what, while Qibli was trying to get them to shut up.

"Okay, yeah, so interesting, you know, I'd love to talk to you, but you know...not really, so yeah I'm just gonna--" He turned and bolted out of the cafeteria.

Damn. He thought.

Qibli stopped running once he reached another hall. He had a feeling he knew where Moon was, but he needed to make sure. He pulled out his phone and sent her a text, asking where she was.

When after a whole entire minute, he didn't get an answer, he decided he'd just go looking for her.

He glanced at his screen for a few more seconds.

"Are you texting a girl?" He heard a high pitched voice ask. He looked up from his phone and turned around to see a little girl that looked no older than seven.

"Man what is up with this school?!" Qibli mumbled to himself. "What are you doing here? This is a high school." He said louder to the kid.

"My class is watching a play here." She answered. "Awww, did your girlfriend break up with you?"

Qibli stared at the little girl skeptically as she continued talking. "Did she break up with you? Is that why you look stressed and sad?"

Qibli cautiously raised a hand and pointed in the other direction. "I think your class went that way." He said.

The girl shrugged and skipped away, in the direction of the theater.

Qibli shook his head and made his way to the music room. (an assumption of where Moon was.)

~~~

Qibli was about ten feet from the music room door when he heard singing.

"I'll sit and watch your car burn
With the fire that you started in me
But you never came back to ask it out
Go ahead and watch my heart burn
With the fire that you started in me
But I'll never let you back to put it out"