I Thought You Had a Car

Ok for this chap just forget all your motorcycle knowledge and common sense

~~~

Moon's POV

I'm not sure if I ever doubted my mother's decision to move here, but I'm glad I didn't cause life here's about a million times better than it was at Jade Mountain High. Qibli obviously likes me... (apparently) and I may or may not like him back...

3rd person pov

"So, what was your answer for number six?" Moon asked her friends after math class, their last class of the day. They had just taken an algebra test and were free to go home or whatever.

"What was number six again?" Kinkajou asked.

"Rewrite the expression 7y = 434 and make it as complicated or as simple as you want... Something like that. I wrote: Seven times a number 'y' equals four hundred and thirty four" Said Moon.

"Yay! I said the exact same thing!" kinkajou said "I'm so happy you helped me though."

"Anytime." Said Moon. "Anyways what did you guys put?"

"I just wrote 434/7" Said Winter. "Its the same thing anyways"

"Why do you people make life so much more complicated than it needs to be?" Qibli interjected.

Winter raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you coulda just said 7y = 434." He explained. "She just said rewrite it. You didn't have to come up with another expression or equation or something."

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." Winter pointed out.

Moon stopped walking and so did the rest of them. "He's actually right." Moon laughed.

"Aren't I always?" Qibli said with a grin.

"I don't get how something can sound so dumb yet be so smart." Kinkajou said

They all laughed and continued walking.

"I feel bad for Turtle. he has to do the test when he comes back." Moon said

Turtle had been sick for a few days now and he hadn't been there to find out he'd made the swim team but his friends had told him. Moon just hoped he'd get better soon.

"Yeah." Said Kinkajou. "I'm gonna go see him actually. I'll see you tomorrow!"

"So, we're going to Qibli's house right?" Said Moon

"We are?" Winter asked

"Yeah we're working on that history thing with the revolution and... stuff." Qibli answered

"Oh." Said Winter with a sigh. "Right."

They continued walking till they got to the school's student and teacher parking lot.

"Where did I park again?" Qibli asked himself.

"You don't have a-- never mind." Winter started, then stopped.

"Oh There it is" Said Qibli pointing to a Motorcycle?!

"Qibli?" Moon said.

Qibli chuckled nervously. "Yeah?"

"I thought you said you had a car." She said Turning to him.

"Yeah, about that. I actually didn't say I had a car, I said I'd give you a ride."

Moon felt like she was gonna faint. She'd never ridden a motorbike before and she certainly had never considered it.

"Can we just take a taxi or something?" She asked.

"Nope." Said Qibli "Relax It'll be fine. You can sit in the middle so if we get into an accident or something Winter and I will be the most likely to die."

Moon furrowed her brows and stared at him in horror, so Qibli quickly added "Not that its gonna happen though. We're totally fine" He said with a wave of his hand.

"Real reassuring Qibli." Winter said, clearly amused by the situation.

Qibli looked at him as if to say 'not helping'.

"Okay let's just get this over with." Said moon running her fingers down the side of the bike.

"That's the spirit," Qibli cheered, sitting at the front.

Moon shook her head. She hesitated, then sat behind Qibli. She wrapped her arms tightly, like really tightly around him.

"Moon?" He he chocked out. "I can't breathe. Do you think you could loosen your grip just a little?"

"No." Said Moon, her voice a little muffled.

"I deserved that." he took a deep breath as if to inflate himself, and when he exhaled her grip felt a little less tight.

Moon heard Winter chuckle then get on behind her. He awkwardly wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Okay. Let's go." Said Winter.

Qibli pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road.

Moon sealed her eyes shut. This is terrifying! No, relax moon. Its okay, Nothings gonna happen.

They road for a few minutes but after a while, Moon decided it wasn't that bad. She didn't release her death grip from Qibli's waist or lift her head from his back but she opened her eyes a little, before deciding against it and closing them again.

"We're almost there! You're doing great." Qibli told her.

"I'm not worried." Moon said. "Just totally and completely terrified."

"I figured." Said Qibli. "You--"

Winter cut him off. "Hey. What are you looking at?"

Moon stiffened. "What? Is he not focused on the road? FOCUS ON THE ROAD!" She cried in alarm, making Qibli laugh.

"Seriously. You need to calm down. We've been on here for like ten minutes and nothing bad's happened." He said.

"Don't jinx it." Winter said.

Moon stayed silent for the rest of the ride, focused on not passing out while Qibli and Winter had a casual conversation. She wasn't registering their words, but she had to admit the sound of heir voices reassured her a little. At least she knew neither of them were dead.

"See, that wasn't so bad" Qibli said when they finally came to a stop.

Moon felt him get up. She still hadn't opened her eyes. instead, she leaned back...onto Winter. She half expected him to shove her off but he didn't. He didn't do anything. Didn't say anything. Was he even breathing? Moon took a deep breath, making sure there wasn't any excess wind blowing on her face.

Not gonna lie, that was actually pretty fun.

"You can open your eyes now." Qibli said from somewhere beyond the blackness of her closed eyes.

Moon opened her eyes and in front of her she assumed was Qibli's house. It wasn't tiny, but it wasn't huge. Like hers. She stared up at it. It was really nice, actually.

"Bienvenido a mi casa!" Qibli said.

~~~