So... you can cook

Kinkajou's POV

This new life with Moon as my friend is AMAZING! Like omigosh She's so nice but kinda quiet but also super funny. Also, I think Qibli might like her... he's not great at hiding his feelings. Maybe Winter too, but he's like, the most emotionless person in the world so I don't know.

3rd Person POV

"Okay," Moon started, reading off her phone. "Winter and Qibli, you agreed to go buy the stuff, so did you get everything?"

"Yup!" Qibli dumped everything out on the counter.

"Bread, butter, eggs, Kinkajou you already have an alarming amount of sugar, so that's fine." Moon continued checking off the items until she reached the milks.

"Um... condensed milk, regular milk, Dulce de leche... guys!"

Qibli chucked nervously. "Yeah?"

"You forgot the evaporated milk!"

"What even is that?" Winter asked. "Is it really that necessary?"

"Uh, yeah." Moon said. "It can't be  a tres leches cake without tres leches!"

"What?" Winter asked.

"That means it's necessary." Qibli told him. He turned to Moon. "We couldn't find it."

"What do you mean!? You could've called or texted, or facetimed, snapped, or--"

"I mean, we looked everywhere and couldn't find it." Qibli Glanced at Winter.

...Here's what really happened...

Qibli: "Um... I feel like we're missing something..."

Winter: "Like what."

Qibli: "The evaporated milk."

Winter: "Is that even a thing? We've already got two kinds of milk, why do we need another one?"

Qibli: "But its literally right there... Can't we just buy it?"

Winter: "If you wanna spend twenty bucks on milk be my guest."

Qibli: "Wait--You think I'm paying for all this?"

Winter: "Um yeah isn't that what you said?"

Qibli: "But don't you have like, rich parents or whatever?"

Winter: "So?"

Qibli: "So, i thought maybe you'd contribute..."

Winter: "I have an idea!"

Qibli: ...

Winter: "Take the milk and throw it outside!"

Qibli: "Why?"

Winter: "So, if the alarm goes off, we won't be suspected of anything"

Qibli: *looks at Winter like he's gone crazy*

Winter: "Do you have a better idea?"

Qibli: "Buy it?"

Winter: "And you say I'm boring..."

Qibli: "But why throw it outside?"

Winter: "So we can pay for everything that's not overpriced and just grab it and go"

Qibli: "Fine but you're doing it."

Winter: "Ok whatever just go pay."

~~~

Winter: *throws the overpriced milk outside*

Security guard: "HEY! WHAT ARE YOU KIDS DOING!?"

Qibli: "Run."

Winter and Qibli run all the way back to Kinkajou's house without the milk and act as if nothing ever happened.

~~~

"What do we do then?" Turtle asked.

"We'll go back to that grocery store and tear the whole place apart if that's what it takes to find that milk!!" Said Kinkajou.

"Sure." Moon agreed. "if you don't find it in half an hour just come back."

"Kay-kay! Come on Turtle!" 

Once Kinkajou had closed the front door, Moon turned to Winter and Qibli.

"So, What really happened out there?" She said.

Winter coughed. "What are you talking about?"

"Why are you acting all weird?" Moon said.

Qibli gave in and explained the whole thing.

"You seriously thought throwing a can of milk out a grocery store would make you seem less suspicious?!" She asked them, her eyebrows shooting up.

"It was Winter's idea." Qibli shrugged.

"No it wasn't! You agreed to it!" Winter protested.

"Uh huh." Qibli shot Moon a wink.

"What do you mean you couldn't find it!" Kinkajou said as she and Turtle made their way back into the house. "it was literally on the milk shelf, in the dairy section." She set the milk on the table.

"Let's just say it's the last time we ever send Winter and Qibli to do something together." Moon said

"Fine by me." Kinkajou laughed.

They baking wasn't too hard. Winter refused to participate, which wasn't surprising, and they got all dirty cause none of them could really bake except Moon, and Kinkajou only had one apron which Moon had claimed. But in the end, it all turned out fine cause they actually made the batter and all that was left to do was slip the pan and in the oven and hope for the best.

Moon spread Dulce de Leche all over the sides and bottom of the oven pan before Turtle poured the batter.

"I can be in charge of watching the oven since I'm pretty good at not burning things." Said Qibli with a grin.

"Okay," Said Kinkajou. "Have fun! I'm gonna go give moon a house tour! Let's go, Moon!"

Twenty minutes passed and Kinkajou was still explaining every inch of her room in great detail.

"I think the Flan should be ready by now." Moon told them as Kinkajou finished telling the story of how someone threw a rock at her and gave her a nose bleed. This somehow had something to do with a fluffy pencil.

"Yeah, let's go check on Qibli!" Kinkajou agreed.

Then she nudged Moon and whispered. "Isn't he sooo cute?"

Moon looked at her, confused. "What--"

Kinkajou interrupted Moon's sentence with her laughter.

Just then, There was an ear rattling sound that sounded something like an explosion. They rushed downstairs to check on Qibli and the Flan, and what they saw was horrific and funny at the same time.

The Flan had exploded, in the oven and batter was leaking out the sides.

"I think something's wrong with your oven." Qibli said when he noticed them walk in.

"You actual piece of shit." Winter mumbled.

"Jeez. Language." Kinkajou reprimanded him.

"Sorry."

Kinkajou laughed. "Alright, come on guys. Back to the store."

~~~

Um... yah

~Maya B. ❤️