Chapter 15: Black Lake

After spending the next week with Draco, we had gotten to know each other. I would be lying if I didn't think it would be a good idea, but again, we have time.

On another note, I had asked Sir Samuel to get me the list of proposed understandings that my mother had.

    He brought me it by the end of the day, and I was shocked to find men old enough to be my father. Most were crossed off on here. There were some that I didn't even recognize... but then there were those interesting few.

Krum, Malfoy, Nott, and Zambini were all on the list. Their parents had reached out to my mother? I had never even been introduced to Nott or Zambini.

Putting the list in my trunk, I got ready for the day. It was the second task for Harry, and today was the day he swam in the black lake for an hour.

I was excited but nervous for him. I had been informed by Moody that he had just found a type of seaweed to help him breathe underwater. Hopefully, he would be okay.

------

My ladies following behind me we made our way down and met up with Malfoy and his group of friends.

"Your majesty?" One of the boys asked as they saw me walking in their direction.
"Celeste! Are you ready to go yet? You take forever to get ready."

If this boy was someone else, he would have gotten smacked. Sadly, he's too cute.

"Yes, dragon, I'm ready." He offered me his arm, and we walked down to the boats together, ignoring the shocked looks from our friends. As soon as we got out of eyesore, we burst.

"That was too funny!" He said, holding his stomach.
"Did you see their faces?" I choked out as I laughed at the memory.

"Do you think we puzzled them, dear dragon?" I asked as the boat got closer to the wooden floating stands.

"Yes, I do." As he stepped out of the boat and tied I off, he offered his hand for me to get out. I saw a flash somewhere in the distance but was too in my own head to think about it.

"Would you like to sit with me?" I asked him.

He nodded and offered his arm as we made our way onto the higher platform.

My knights were already stationed all around, so I didn't have to worry about anything.

It was about ten more minutes before all of the champions arrived and another ten before they jumped into the water. Then it was a matter of sitting there for an hour while we waited for them to come back up.

The majority of whom Draco and I spent talking about his manor and family. He also asked about Camelot and what it was like. He wanted to know about who I was and what I liked. The questions Krum never seemed to ask.

Fleur came back first.

Victor was the second one back up, and he had Hermoine? Why was hermoine in the water with him? I didn't really pay attention to this as it turned out.

I turned to Adeline in confusion.
"Each champion had to retrieve something precious stolen from them." So that was the real reason for not wanting to be with me. Well, at least they are happy. That's all that matters.

But then I realized Fleur had left someone at the bottom of the lake. I looked her way and saw her panicking.

These next few minutes passed by slow until Ron and Fleurs little sister popped up in the water.

"Draco. Harry isn't back." I looked at the clock. It's been an hour. I searched the water for a sign of him. Nothing.

I was about to get up when suddenly my brother shot out of the water and landed on the deck! He's so dramatic. Why does he make me worry every time?

Well, it turns out it wasn't for nothing. He ended up getting second place as I told them that I agreed Fleur didn't finish the task.

On the boats on the way back, Draco and I rode together once more. We had gotten closer, and I've come to realize that he's actually very protective and sweet. Those few moments where he was a jerk were all his fathers doing. He was trying to turn I his father. Once I explained everything, he seemed to understand that he needed to be better than his father. Not be him.

What I really liked was that I didn't feel pressured to be a queen with him. I could be Celeste sister to Harry Potter and fourth year at hogwarts.

He was my friend but hopefully one day we could be more.

-------------

On the way back to the castle, one of my knights reported that someone had died during the second task. Barty Crouch. I said my goodbyes to Draco and made my way to Albus's office.

"A man has died here, fudge! And he won't be the last. You must take action." Dumbledore told the minister as he sat behind his desk. The minister leaned over the other side.

"I will not. In times like these, the wizard world looks to its leaders for strength Dumbledore."

"Then, for once, show them some, or i will!" I butted in. I was sitting on one of the couches, sipping some tea to calm my nerves. The body was a sight that put a chill into my heart.

"The triwizard tournament will not be canceled. I will not be seen as a coward." He rebuttled, pointing to Dumbledore.
'But you are one.'

"A true leader does what is right. No matter what others think." Albus said while crossing his hands.

"What did you say? What did you say to me?" I stood and walked over to them as I suddenly felt a shift in my head.

"Excuse me. But it might interest you to know that our conversation is no longer private." I motioned for Moody to open the door.

"Hello Harry." I turned and said as I turned to see him.

"Harry! How good to see you!" The minister continued.

"I can come back later?" He asked, landing his eyes on me.
"That's alright, Harry the minister, Dumbledore, and I are done."

Albus told him he would be back in a minute while I escorted the minister to his carriage outside.

"I will see you at your coronation this summer, your majesty."