Chapter 17: DADA

The next day we were on the train to go back to school. I was sitting in a compartment with Draco for the whole ride. He told me everything that was happening in his home. He would soon be forced to join I assume.

He was wearing a black suit qnd his hair was ungelled. He was very handsome.

"Your coronation on the other hand was amazing." I smiled at him.
"I had hoped to give this to you then but you were so busy with everyone I decided to wait." He handed me a box.

"18 carot gold. Fire opal pendant with diamonds encrusted." I looked at him shocked.

"Draco is this...?" I asked him while I got flustered.
"No. I know better than to ask you to be my wife on a train while on the way to hogwarts. You'll know when I ask you." He told me with a kiss on the cheek. He had become alot more affectionate lately.

I smiled and blushed. He quickly turned into his robes, and we got off of the train. We took the carriage together as we made our way to hogwarts. The entire time, he was either holding my hand or wrapping my arm with his.

Once in the great hall, he gave me a kiss on the forehead and a handsome smile. Those silver eyes could just melt me.

I made my way to my new chair at the teachers table. It had been moved away from the gryffindor table, and I now sat next to Albus.

"Good evening, children! We have two new changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly Plank, who will be taking care of magical creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new defense against the dark arts teacher. Professor Dolores Umbridge." I tilted my head at Albus in confusion before looking down the table.

There, in bright pink. Was an ugly toad. I would definitely enjoy messing with her class. She is highly annoying.

"And I'm sure you'll join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, pur caretaker Mr.Filch has asked me to remind you-" He was cut off by the toad clearing her throat.

'Excuse me?'
I was pondering on whether or not to have Merlin, who was sitting next to me, bite her later.

Everyone turned to her as she stood up and walked to the front.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome and how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces staring back at me." You could hear Merlins yawn echo through the great hall. I could've sworn I saw Snape smirk from the corner of my eye. That's my boy. I reached my hand over to the right to scratch him behind the ear.

"I'm sure we are all going to be very good friends."
"That's likely." I coughed to hide my laugh as the twins' words could be heard.

"The ministry of magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each new headmaster has brought something new to this historic school...progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what ought to be preserved, perfect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." There was an embarrassing silence after that.

"Thank you for that professor umbridge that really was most illuminating." I said in a sarcastic tone. Multiple students laughed.

Albus gave me a look and started to awkwardly clap, causing all of the students to do the same.

"We would also like to welcome back Her Majesty, the new Queen of Camelot. Miss Celeste Peverell-Potter Pendragon. Her coronation was over the break for those of you who missed it." I gave Albus a smile and nod as the students clapped and shouted.

Once everything settled down and we finished our food, everyone began to turn in. I, for one, couldn't wait for classes tomorrow.

-----------

     The next morning, I donned a new gown with my crown and made my way downstairs.

Merlin and I had just made it in time to sit in Dolores's class. Someone was flapped a paper bird about, and we were all smiling at it. It then burned to ashes as the evil toad walked in.

"Wands away please and books out." We did as told.
"This year, you will be taking your OWLs. Study hard, and you shall be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may just be severe. Your previous instruction has been severely uneven. But you'll be pleased to know from now on you will be folling a carefully structured, ministry approved course."

'OH, I'm sorry. I didn't get that....I don't speak idiot.'

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells." Hermoine asked after being called upon.

"Using spells? I can't imagine why you'd need to use spells in my classroom."

'Maybe I could have Merlin eat her?'

"We're not gonna use magic?" Ron asked her.
"You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure risk-free way."

"Well, what use is that if we're going to be attacked? It won't be risk-free." Harry spoke up.
"Students will raise their hand when they speak in my class." She raised her voice. Merlin growled, and you could see her startled expression.

"It is the view of the ministry that theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations. Which is, after all, what this school is all about."

"And how is theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" I asked when her back was turned.

"There is nothing out there." She said before she faced us again.

"Who do you imagine would want to attack children like yourselves?" She asked the room.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe...lord voldemort." Harry announced.

"Let me make this quite plain... you have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie-"

"It's not a lie! I saw him. I fought him!" Harry defended.
"Detention, Mister Potter." She said, storming away from us back to the front.
"So according to you, Cedric diggory dropped dead of his own accord?" Harry asked her.
"Cedric Diggorys death was a tragic accident." She argued.

"It was murder voldemort killed him! You must know that!" Harry was getting a be a little too much. I sent Merlin to go sit next to him.

"Enough! Enough." She screamed.
"Watch your tone when you speak to these fellow students of mine, Dolores." I ordered.

She seemed to snap out of it and look quite pale as Merlin let put another agreeing growl with my statement.

"See me later, Mister Potter. My office."