Chapter 45 : More problems

The next day, Bee was already back at the convention

The next day, Bee was already back at the convention. After having spent a couple of hours with Tommy and Tubbo the night before and getting a good 6-hour sleep, she was quite energized and ready to just move on. Though today, she did pick out an outfit that she felt more comfortable in- a Pokémon themed black t-shirt and black mom jeans paired with converse. She of course had her mask and contacts on, as well as a whole lot of makeup and a wig.

This was probably the most exciting day for her, as today she would have her own panel along with some of the other famous bedwars players. She was nervous, but extremely happy, and therefore her mood was at an all-time high.

At this point, there was only an hour-or-so until the panel, and Ray had decided to go grab a drink from a vending machine at the front of the venue. As she approached the big, glass doors, surrounded by people, she spotted peculiar figures in the crowd. They were dressed in black tuxedos, with black sunglasses on, and seemed to be looking around for someone. Upon closer inspection, Ray came to a complete halt as she spotted the last person she wanted to see in that moment.

And he seemed to have spotted her too.

'Fuck'
Ray thought.

-------Time skip------->

Ray had been forced to take off everything except her attire and makeup. With a solemn expression on her face, she sat in her big, comfortable seat, looking out the small window.

Somehow, her luggage had already been on the giant plane when she arrived, and she'd been instantly seated in the 1st class section in the plane, right beside her parents.

Yes, parents. Her mother had bothered to come to pick her up as well.

Ray was just... so incredibly angry. For once in her life, she felt free. She could do whatever she wanted without worrying about strict consequences. She was happy. Yet just at the sight of one man, everything war ruined once again, and the strict consequences would be stricter than they ever were before.

It was obvious that her father had found out about everything: the streaming, the youtube channel, the twitter, the instagram, the whole online persona that Ray had been pretending to be. And he seemed far from happy. Ray's phone had already been taken away, and she was informed that her expensive PC back at home was also removed.

Life just sucked.

Ray cocked her head to the side to look at her father, who's expression was still rather plain, but brows were furrowed together with anger. He didn't even look at her out of shame, and simply stared at the New York Times paper that he had bought for himself.

"May I at least message my friends that I'm fine?" Ray asked boldly, not even trying to hide her irritation.

Without skipping a beat, her father uttered a loud and clear "No."

Ray let out a long sigh, face twisting in anger. "You literally kidnapped me from there, in broad daylight, and you're not letting me tell my friends I'm okay? They'll report this to the police."

"They're not your friends, Raelynn." Her father remarked coldly, his gaze still ignoring her. "Just some imbeciles making fools of themselves on the internet."

"Let me remind you- your daughter is also an imbecile makin a fool of herself on the internet. So don't speak so boldly."

"Just be grateful to yourself that you decided to keep your face unknown, Raelynn. Or otherwise you'd be in much deeper trouble than you already are." He gritted his teeth, clearly getting agitated.

Throughout this entire exchange, he hadn't looked at her a single time, and Ray had had enough.

"Look at me when we're speaking, goddamn it!" She half-yelled, hands gripping tightly onto the armrests of her seat.

And he did- and Ray partially regretted saying that seeing the rage-filled eyes that met hers. "Stop embarrassing me for once in your life, Raelynn."

'For once'. He had said 'for once'. 

Ray had already been an embarrassment. Or at least was one in her father's eyes. Everything that she'd put herself through, the endless nights studying, the bleeding fingers from over playing the violin, the hours she spent seeking his approval: it all felt like it was going to shit at that very moment. She didn't even know how to feel. Should she be angry or sad? Yelling or wailing?

Her mother spotted the immense tension, and after having ignored the exchange completely she turned to her husband emotionlessly. "Dominic, you should let her inform those people at least. She is right about them potentially calling the police if they see that she's missing."

He didn't seem very convinced, but eventually let out an agitated huff and reached for his bag. Ray's phone was then handed to her, and the girl hungrily turned it on.

Her phone had never received so many notifications all at once, and they were from absolutely everyone. She had missed the panel after all, which was a huge cause of concern for all her friends. It felt heartwarming.

Knowing that she probably didn't have a lot of time to explain herself, Ray proceeded to text Tubbo a quick 'I'm okay, family emergency at home, had to go early'. She then switched chats to one she probably wouldn't have used in any other situation.

Tommy, my parents found out

I need you to cover for me in front of everyone

The reply was instant.

fuck

are you okay??

Yeah I'm fine

I'll sort it out somehow

but you NEED to cover for me ok?

No one can find out about all this

okay, no problem

but are you sure ur okay?

like 100%?

Ray didn't get a chance to reply, when the voice of her father snapped her out of thought.

"Give it back now, that should've been enough time to explain yourself." He demanded, and being tired enough as it is, Ray decided to comply with his wishes.

" He demanded, and being tired enough as it is, Ray decided to comply with his wishes

go fuck yourself, dominic