8- Unexpected Call And Wishful Thinking

Jungkook fastened Jimin's seatbelt on him. He was surprised at himself why he even did that and taken aback by Jimin's somewhat panic reaction. He certainly scared him yesterday and gave a bad impression of himself.

He felt guilty but because he was also annoyed about earlier's episode, he growled,

"Don't flatter yourself. You are not that irresistable that I have to lose myself in you everytime. Although I learned you're very capable of attracting a bunch of admirers.. and.. flings.."

Jimin was so preoccupied with the sound of drums in his heart pounding up to his ears, that he didn't hear what Jungkook said. He was a bit embarrassed of the way he overreacted. It's his reflex which still has a very vivid memory of Jungkook forcibly and harshly taking his first kiss. He remained mute just looking out through the car window or staring at his lap.

This, to the dissatisfaction of Jungkook. He was expecting Jimin could at least violently oppose and deny his statement of him having flings. Instead he gave him silence.

'And silence means yes, right? So maybe it is true.'  Jungkook mused. He poked his tongue to his inner cheek. 'Not as innocent as he looks. Demure? Surely just an act..'

He came to fetch Jimin with a fair amount of eagerness.

'because he wanted his conscience to be cleared fast.' He thought to himself.

'But well there he was bathing in the attention of his 'boyfriends'. He sure has someone doting on him. And he is okay. He doesn't need my apology, does he? I didn't need to worry about him. My conscience was certainly cleared. But I am pissed. I wasted my time worrying when it may have been nothing to him. But it can't be nothing as his reaction just a while ago was that of a frightened cat... He may not be so innocent after all but still... innocent or not, I did a bad thing. No one wants to be forced and harrassed.. Should I apologize now?"

The ride was awkwardly quiet.

Jimin realized he didn't asked Jungkook what they will do and where they are going. He wanted to ask but first he has to get the courage to utter just one single word and manage not to stutter.

Jungkook unnerves him so much.. for a reason.

Jungkook cleared his throat and about to say something to start to apologize... "ehm ehm..about..."

He was interrupted by the sound of Jimin's ringing tone.

Jimin answered the call. It was from Tae, just ensuring that Jimin is fine with the man that looked very unfriendly. Jimin reassured him that he is fine. He said something funny that Jimin giggled. He was talking in whispery voice as he is very self conscious with Jungkook beside him. It was a short call that ended immediately.

Jungkook unconsciously started to grip the wheel with more strength than usual turning his knuckles white. He suddenly just felt the air thickened.

"Jimin, about..." Jungkook was about to speak again after Jimin's call.

Then another ring sounded.

Jimin blushed upon seeing who was calling him. He can't believe it!

'Why is Yoongi calling me? How did he got my number? Of course I have Yoongi's number a long time now because of  Jin's insistence but I never had the courage to use it. But how did Yoongi got my number and calling me right now? Am I dreaming?! If I am, don't wake me up pls.!'

"H-hello." Jimin answered coyly.

"H-hi Jimin! This is Min Yoongi. I-I don't know if you know me but I am in the same class with you in digital media arts.."