62-Chasing The Runaway (Pt1- Road Stories)

"Maybe we should pass by the hospital on the way home?" Hobi assessed Jungkook's condition worriedly. He was anxious about Jimin being alone in the house in his condition but he felt responsible too for Jungkook's injured state.

"No. No. I need to see Jimin asap." Jungkook urged. He was pretty worried, imagining Jimin's distress.

"Do you have a first aid kit here? At least we should disinfect that and cover your cuts with a bandage. And ice for your bruises."

So after a few minutes treating Jungkook's injuries, they both drove to the Park's residence separately. Getting out from their cars upon arriving at the same time, they were both met by Jimin's friends, Jin and Taehyung with their boyfriends, Namjoon and Yoongi respectively.

Namjoon also being Jungkook's cousin and Yoongi, Jungkook's family friend, have both acknowledged Jungkook's presence first.

While Jimin's close friends approached Hobi initially. "Glad you're here, hyung. We've been trying to contact Jimin to no avail." Taehyung addressed Hobi with a worried frown. "Do you know where he is?"

"He is inside the house." Hobi replied whose brows furrowed instantly. He got a nagging feeling that he may be wrong.

"We've been ringing the house, knocking then banging the door, thinking maybe Jimin didn't like to be bothered but got to force him to open for us. But no answer." Added Jin looking pretty anxious as well.

"H-He probably.. just didn't feel like talking yet.. ." The stepbrother guessed but his fear increased a notch.

"Please let's get in fast, Hobi.'' Jungkook's anxious voice broke through which made Jimin's two friends look at him scowling and snapped in unison, "What the hell did you to him?!"

"And what in the world happened to your face?!" Both friend stared wide-eyed at Jungkook as Jin exclaimed the question.

Hobi scratched his forehead and embarrasingly cleared his throat. "It's a long story... guys, we better get in the house."

Before walking back to the house, the friends both gave Jungkook a glaring, dangerous eye over.

Jin gestured a threatening sign, pointing his two parted fourth and third fingers from his eyes to Jungkook warning him that they are watching and he would be in trouble if they find out he did Jimin wrong.

Namjoon took his boyfriend's hand. "Jinieheart, relax. Jungkook didn't do anything wrong. Let's go talk to Jimin."

"Ha! Just make sure he didn't or I'll let you accompany your cousin to where the sun don't shine!" And he pulled his hand away. Namjoon swallowed hard, stared at Jungkook sharply and questioned him with his eyes. Jungkook shook his head and mouthed a silent big "No."

Yoongi, upon watching the two couple bickering, chuckled and was about to put his arm over Taehyung's shoulder but Taehyung swiftly stopped him. "Don't! Not until I see Jimin is okay."

"Hey bearlove, I haven't done anything."

"You are his friend! That makes you an accomplice."

Yoongi's eyes curved downwards in disbelief. He almost wanted to cry with the injustice. "We are not that close. Ok, from now on I am not his friend."

Then he shot Jungkook a glare that says 'it's all your fault', his lips curled in disapproval. Jungkook just scratched his head with helplessness.

******************

"Jimin?" Hobi immediately called out as soon as he opened the door.

The silence was deafening when they entered the house. It felt like nobody's home.