24- A Treasure In The Trash

Jimin stared at his reflection in the mirror. How can he hide his red and swollen eyes? How will he hide his sullen face, he mused. He would wipe his tears and then they shed again.

He has to stop crying and stop acting so pitiful and weak. He is stronger than this. He just have to get through this night. He took a long deep breath and slowly exhaled.

He tried to fix the smudges under his eyes with a damp paper towel and waited for his eyes to be clearer. He pinched his pallied-turned cheeks to give them color and reapplied a light tint on his lips on which was shaded before with a light pinkish hue but was wiped off, some left smudges off his lipline.

Then he noticed his necklace that shone its elegant, glimmering splendour in the mirror. He touched it sadly then decided to take it off.

It is just a reminder of how naive he was. It meant nothing to Jungkook. Just the older may have wanted him probably to look presentable and maybe just to amuse himself.

'He wanted to test me on how easily I can be swayed, being so easily pleased by a mere necklace. How he must have laughed behind my back.' Jimin thought unhappily and felt somewhat embarrassed by how he must have looked so ridiculous to the other.

He hoped Jungkook didn't notice him wearing this or else the more he will be mocked by the older of his foolishness.

He gripped the shiny thing and for one last time looked at it resting in his palm and with a heavy heart, dropped it in an empty, small trash bin.

He went out of the room and saw Jungkook standing by the corner just near the door, his back on the wall, looking down at the floor, one hand in his pocket.

The taller immediately straightened, seeing Jimin come out of the washroom and strode towards the younger.

"A-Are you done? We need to go back fast. Dad's gonna probably do the wedding announcement soon." He softly put his hand on Jimin's back then glided down to interlaced his fingers on Jimin's somewhat resisting ones.

The smaller just nodded lamely, not looking at him, head slightly bent down.

"You should try to show a happier face." Jungkook commanded but with a somewhat gentle voice while he held his chin tenderly to turn his face up to his.

But Jimin ignored him, still unsmiling while his eyes averted from his gaze.

"Jimin, are you listening to me?"

He tried to get the blond guy's attention but what he noticed was something else that's missing.

"W-Where is your necklace?"

Jimin was taken aback but immediately regained his composure and without hesitation lied, "I didn't get to wear it."

"Stop lying Jimin. I saw it on you. Where is it?"

"I- I don't know." Jimin started to get nervous with Jungkook's voice becoming sterner but he won't be willing to be swayed by the taller's dominance.

"It must have fallen off or you took it off. You were still wearing it a moment ago."

"I said I don't know. Maybe it's gone. I really don't care." Jimin stared at Jungkook gravely.

Jungkook started to touch Jimin's side, feeling his pockets.

"Stop! What are you doing?" Jimin was pushing Jungkook's hands away.

"Where did you put the necklace, Jimin? I want to see it." He hovered over the smaller guy with a very serious, intimidating expression.

Jimin just looked down unwilling to answer.

Jungkook sighed in exasperation.
"What a stubborn brat. I'll ask you just one last time, or I swear.. where is it?"