39- Apologies, Drumbeats and Realization

Jungkook gestured for Jimin to sit beside him. "Please, can we talk?"

Jimin slowly strode towards the bench where Jungkook is seated after contemplating for a few seconds and sat there but as far as possible from him.

"Jimin, you are still mad at me, I understand. You don't answer my calls and messages and refused to see me when I tried to visit you at your house."

Jimin remained silent, looking away from the older.

Jungkook took a short glimpse of the pretty male beside him who was stiff as a board.

"D-did you get the daisies I asked Hobi to give you?"

Jimin thought of the flowers which he threw in the trash-bin, to only take them out from the trash after a short while and put the beautiful daisies in a vase with water and afterwards painted them on that day. He actually changed the water everyday plus he put in some medicine tablets for them not to wither too soon.

 He actually changed the water everyday plus he put in some medicine tablets for them not to wither too soon

"T-They just withered..." Jimin muttered almost inaudibly.

"A-Ah daisies don't last long, do they?...D-Did you like the chocolates, and the cake I also left for you?"

"I.. I didn't try them. I don't like mint-flavored food."

"O-Oh, t-that was so unthoughtful of me.. my bad. I should have known mint is a debatable flavor..not much people relish it, like I do.." Jungkook scratched his head but really wanted to smack himself. 'I am an idiot!'

Jimin was biting his lips. Feeling guilty he lied. But Jungkook doesn't really need to know how he and Hobi hyung, who really loves mint-flavored everything, ate all the chocolates and cake, even though for him, there was a bit of a toothpaste taste, he kinda enjoyed them.

'I am really a hopeless case. Too soft for Jungkook that even when I was mad, I wasn't able to ignore his presents.' Jimin thought to himself.

"What flavors do you like then, m-may I know?"

Jimin replied with eyes looking up as if thinking deeply. "Fruity flavored ones. Peaches.. pears.. blueberries.. strawberries.. mango flavored too.. vanilla.. caramel.. c-cheesecakes.. chocolate cakes.. milk chocolates..those chocolates with almonds, walnuts or nuts and raisins in them and plain dark chocolates too."

Jungkook tried to hide his smile. Jimin sound so cute enumerating all those things. Is he trying to ridicule him of his stupid choice? He sounded adorable but he also somewhat felt infuriated with himself that in those many ordinary, usual choices he was unable to choose the right one. 'mint? Whatever were you thinking idiot?' He scolded himself.