51- A Sneaky Employee

Jungkook was in his office instructing his secretary Gyuri, as he is readying himself to leave. He decided at the last minute to go to Jimin's house and go with him to that art program in an orphanage Jimin had volunteered to participate in.

Both were surprised though when there was a few crisp, short knocks on the door and it opened revealing the president of Ju-Jeon group, the senior Mr. Jeon.

"Dad, this is a surprise! What made you visit? S-Something happened?"

"N-No, son." Mr. Jeon chuckled uneasily. "Why? is it so unbelievable for me to be here? I used to visit you here and..."

"Check in on how I was managing.. Yes, you used to do that and it's been quite awhile that you haven't."

"You are doing an amazing job. Our hotels have never been more profitable and more prestigious than ever with your current management. I don't think you needed a nuisance old man anymore."

"Don't say that, dad." Jungkook chuckled. He felt an overwhelming sense of pride and accomplishment from his father's praise, his father's acknowledgement of his achievement."Thank you by the way. But don't ever say you are a nuisance or even an old man. I know I'll still need your expertise from time to time and honestly you can pass as my older brother." He added flattering his father.

Mr. Jeon's face lightened up but his eyes a bit glum though when he said, "Well, You have not been staying in the mansion lately. I miss my son. And there are some important things I wanted to talk to you about."

"That's all Gyuri. Thank you." Jungkook said, meaning for Gyuri to leave and give them privacy.

So the female secretary left but not before she had stopped for a few seconds, acting to arrange some files at a slow pace in Jungkook's desk, then went out leisurely.

Jungkook has been staying in his penthouse lately.

There's a side reason for it. Jungkook has been kind of avoiding his father and avoiding to face the complications of their situation. It wasn't even really complicated anymore, Jungkook realized.

He had already accepted everything and been more open minded about it. The truth doesn't bother him as much as the thought that his father had been keeping things from him, showing his mistrust of him.

He feels he can't talk about it with his father yet when his father still decides not to be honest with him.

Well, there's a more legit reason why he stays in his own penthouse though. It's very convenient for him as the place is nearer to his office, Jimin's house and the university,

"It's more convenient for me and Jimin, dad. You know how I would like to spend a lot of time with him... like actually, right now I am about to go to his place. I wanted to join him in his volunteer work."

"Oh then please excuse me. I shouldn't have interrupted you. I'll come back next time or perhaps you can also come by the house one of these days? T-there is.. something very important I want to talk to you about."

"W-What about? Will it take a lot of time? I still can spare a few minutes." Jungkook anxiously said, after taking a short glimpse at the time on his wristwatch.

He was nervous of talking to his father but they might as well get over with it. He is guessing his father has decided to tell him about Jimin and their history.

His mind is already full with a lot concerning the wedding. They already had a wedding date which will be in more than just a week and both Jimin and him were also excitedly making arrangements for the kind of wedding they would like to have. They already sent out invitations.