34- Confessions and A New Friend

Jungkook just glared sharply at Tae, swallowed the unpleasant words that could've come out from his stiff, scowling mouth. He knew he is being exagerrated but he can't seem to stop whatever it is he feels. He breathe deeply then turned and walked away hurriedly intending to find that cafe where Jimin went with the man, who Jungkook assumed, Jimin truly likes.

Tae became extremely worried. He called Jimin to warn him but Jimin, with his usual unmindfulness of his mobile phone, doesn't answer.

*********

Jimin and Yoongi were now seated in a table just behind the glass window of a coffee shop more than half a mile from the photoshoot location. They already have their coffees, crepes and donuts served. They were having a wonderful and friendly conversation about their courses and their life's plans and ambitions. Jimin finds Yoongi a very nice and admirable man, hardworking, humble, practical, has a positive outlook in life and though he appears serious, he actually has a good sense of humor.

'I'm so glad we had this chance to know each other better. We are in the same two classes for a year and never really interacted like this. I always notice you with your friends from a distance. I admire your friendship, it seemed so special and all three of you excel in your field."

"Taehyung and Soekjin, they are wonderful. I am very lucky to have them. I hope you get to know them too. I- I do notice you. You are quiet like me but you are actually excellent in our subjects too. I believe last year we were in the same class also but I didn't see you anymore after the first half of the semester."

"Y-Yes.." suddenly Yoongi looked a little sad. He averted his gaze from Jimin. "Something happened last year. There was a bit of a situation that forced me to stop my studies for awhile."

"That must've been very hard for you. Y-You knew about my s-situation the past week, right? I really had a difficult affair with the university's higher ups. I thought I would be suspended or worse expelled. They warned me that I might lose my scholarship. I feared I would really be forced to stop my studies. It was really a trying time for me."

"With your situation, I really don't understand why the university will make such a big fuzz out of it. I mean, for goodness' sake, that thing.., it was just normal. It's not as if you are married and he was married and you were being immoral cheaters. You are an active, healthy, single adult! I am not trying to say I agree or disagree about this premarital s-se..thing, but what I want to point out is, what's morally wrong here is the invasion of your privacy. The wrongdoers here are the people who unlawfully intruded in your private affairs and who publicized and tried to injure your reputation, defame your character. You were the victim here not the criminal who should be punished. It was unfair for you, really. You shouldn't have been burdened by them like that. They are a bunch of pretentious hypocrites!"

"Y-You are right. You do have a point. Thank you for saying that."

Silence.

Jimin sipped on his coffee. He was wondering if it is the right time or if it is even right to tell Yoongi about the fakeness of his engagement and marriage. 'Does he really have feelings for me? Do I still want him? Can I trust him with this private information that might be detrimental to the success of their plans and purpose if an outsider would know about it?'

Yoongi was thinking deeply and a few seconds after, decided to ask what he was curious about, " Is that why you are getting married in a rather untimely way?"

Jimin was caught by surprise. He looked at him dumbfounded.

Yoongi realized that it was an inappropriate question and immediately apologized. "I am sorry. That was blunt and rude of me. I shouldn't have asked that. I am sorry if I offended you. Please forget what I said."

MISSTEPS OF LOVE / Jikook Kookmin Minggukजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें