24- The Wedding Announcement

Jungkook's eyes narrowed thoughtfully, observing his father's treatment towards the smaller. He was reminded of every past unusual behavior of his father when it concerned Jimin. He remembered the worried look on his face when he learned that it was Jimin who was involved in the scandal with him. He remembered his apparent fondness and obvious favoring towards the younger. And thought about the information of him personally funding Jimin's education, if it was indeed true.

It's like there are dots to be connected between them and he is afraid that if he will connect the dots, he wouldn't like the complete picture. He frowned. God forbid. Why is he even entertaining thoughts like these? May his father forgive him for he cannot seem to control every weird imagination that enters his mind. And isn't he being too much critical of Jimin? But why does Jimin really cause him to think and act outside of his usual fair-minded self?

"Are you sure? You do look pale, Jimin. If you are not up to it, I can cancel the announcement and you can go home to rest and we can always do another event when you are feeling better." Mr. Jeon further asked while he touched Jimin's right shoulder assuringly which didn't miss Jungkook's ever watchful eyes.

Jimin gave Mr. Jeon a very grateful and admiring gaze, and a much optimistic smile than earlier. It now reached his eyes because he was so touched with the senior's thoughtfulness and care towards him. "T-Thank you so much, Mr. Jeon. But I'm really fine."

Jungkook's nostrils started to flare up again and he can't control the unwelcoming tightening of his chest and jaw. His eyes squinted a bit. He inhaled deeply while a feeling of displeasure sets in.

He instinctively put his arm over Jimin's shoulders and pulled him closer to his side which caused Jimin to slightly twitch in surprise.

"I think we should proceed with the announcement dad. Let's not waste time. Let's get this over with so we can all go home and rest early.... So, let's go then, Jimin. Dad, you can go ahead. We'll take our seats and wait for you to call us in." He slid his hand down smoothly and settled it around Jimin's waist and grasped it to draw him tighter in his arm, which made Jimin shudder a bit and became awkwardly stiff. Jungkook then dragged Jimin with him to walk away and head at the round table near the platform.

The senior Jeon was surprised with his son's seemingly possessive action. How he freely touches Jimin like as if it was a his natural right. He doesn't know if he should be pleased that his son may have fully and happily accepted the idea of having Jimin as his husband, but should he be concerned that Jimin seemed bothered and not being too happy about it? He observed Jimin's obvious sad countenance and his stiff reaction. He has to talk about this with his son again.

**************

" Good evening everyone, esteemed guests, friends, ladies and gentlemen.  I, along with my son, are truly honored with your presence in this very significant occasion tonight. Indeed this is a night filled with congratulatory celebrations. As everyone already knows, one of the reasons for this glorious occasion is commemorating the success of Ju-Jeon Group's fresh venture into the cruise industry. But before this night ends, I would like to share with you another wonderful news that makes this night more special and momentous for the Jeon family. I did intend to make this as a last, special, surprise announcement because I wanted to save the best for last. So, friends and honored guests, I am very happy to tell you that my son, who I can proudly say, my only heir, my pride and joy and an epitome of the future leader of JungJeon Empire, JUNGKOOK has finally found the one! Therefore, I am happy to announce the upcoming marriage of Jungkook to a very wonderful and very beautiful, young man whom my family and I have learned to cherish and admire from the time Jungkook introduced him to us as the one he has chosen to be his life partner, MR. PARK JIMIN!"