54.

Nicole.

"Good Morning, Nicole." Layla perked up in her chair, greeting me with a smile. "How's your Morning been so far?"

"Grand Rising, Lay." I spoke back to her, grabbing the Mail from behind her desk that I'd forgotten about from Yesterday. "It's been ok, but I should tell you not to talk to me— I seen you and Ray went to the Bulls game last night and didn't tell nobody." I stale faced her. "I see how it is between us."

She smacked her lips, immediately feeling guilty

She smacked her lips, immediately feeling guilty. "I'm sorry, Nicole." She whined. "I won two tickets at my University and I mentioned it to Ray. He basically claimed the second ticket before I could say anything to anybody else about it."

"It's fine, Lay." I didn't like Basketball anyway, but I would've loved to show off a cute outfit.

"Ray said you and Korea would be putting y'alls Kids to bed around that time."

I scoffed "No he didn't." She nodded her head telling me he did. "I'm not an old Grandma." I was in fact putting my Kids to bed, but I didn't want Rayvon no responsibilities having self trying to rub it in.

"When he gets here, tell him I said fight me." I looked through the Mail in my hands as Layla began to laugh.

"Ok" She continued to laugh as I walked off towards the back, greeting every Employee of mine that I seen. We didn't open until Ten, but I truly appreciated my Employees that followed my lead and arrived to work and hour early each day. Not only did it allow time to set out products and materials, but it also allowed time to get your mind together before the workday started.

"Hey, Phylis. How are you?" I spoke to one of my newer Nail-Techs as I walked through the Nail Station, trying to ignore my heels clacking as I made my way to my Office.

A smile broke out on her face and I knew it was because I acknowledged her and remembered her name. She'd just started a few weeks ago, I remembered because it was the same Monday that Taejin started Kindergarten. I hadn't seen much of her since, but I made it my business to at least try to develop a relationship with each of my Employees. Although I didn't care to be friends, I also didn't want my Spa to feel like it was just work. None of us were working a typical job at the end of the day.

"I'm well." She gave me a closed mouth smile. "Thank you for asking."

"No problem, how are you liking things around here?" I looked from her Station to the Art I had on the walls, making a mental note to change some things around. I'd had the same Artwork since Tae surprised me with the remodel of my Spa a few years back now.

"I'm really enjoying it." She nodded, assuring me. "My Clientele is continuously picking up by the day and all the Ladies are really nice." She fluffed the Gold Pillow she had behind her back. "This work environment is really calming and I love that you actually keep the Break Room stocked." She laughed it off. "It's nice to be able to go grab myself a snack or a drink when I want it. I've never experienced that at any other Salon I've worked for."