35.

Hey y'all! I hope all is well and that you guys are staying safe in this fucked up mess of a world we live in. Today( June 5th) would've been Breonna Taylor's 27th birthday— 27 y'all and she didn't live to see it on behalf of some evil ass mfs that fail at their job description every single day! The system angers me so bad, and as a BLACK WOMAN, I am beyond exhausted! It's time they get with it or get ran the fuck over! Happy Heavenly Birthday to Breonna Taylor 💔 May her soul forever rest in eternal peace. YOUR BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL! ✊🏾✊🏿✊🏽🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤#BLACKLIVESMATTER
#RIPGeorgeFloyd
#RIPBreonnaTaylor
#RIPAhmadArbery

*************************************************

Tae.

I bounced my shoulders, holding my blunt in between my lips as I turned the radio up racing through traffic.

Couldn't shit take my smile away from me. This was my first day being outside in about three weeks and a nigga was happy as hell. I felt back to myself.

I finally gave in and told my Mama I was sick— she made me a whole gallon of some nasty ass juice recipe she must've gotten from the Ancestors. The shit worked though; I only took a couple shots of it and my chest immediately opened up.

Last night I forced myself to chug down a cup— this morning I was feeling like Incredible Hulk, ready to take on the World and shit.

I grabbed my phone out of the cup holder as it went off, not bothering to read the small print of whatever somebody texted me on my car screen.

Nicole💍- Wya? Korea said she was already at the restaurant and Mila probably on her way. 1:15 p.m.

I didn't bother texting her back since I was literally down the road from The Odyssey. She texted me while I was getting my haircut, asking if I could come get the kids so she could spend time with her girls. I agreed, I knew she was excited to be seeing Mila after so long.

I smoked the last of my blunt in the parking garage and made sure to spray something throughout my car so my kids wouldn't be smelling weed.

I jogged the short distance to the elevator, knowing I had a cursing coming at me. I knocked once, stepping back. "You're late!" Nicole yelled with a deep ass scowl on her face. "Now because of you I'm late!"

"You done?" I closed and locked her door for her while she took off towards her room. "You not even dressed but talking shit." I took in her appearance as I watched her hop back into her room with one heel on. "Makeup not even done either."

"I'm not wearing makeup today!" She angrily threw the shoe off, opting for some slides instead. I leaned against her dresser, watching her moan and groan about nothing.

"You on your period or something?" I knew she couldn't be that mad at me about running a little late. "You hella on edge, what's wrong with you?"

"Yes I'm on my cycle and I'm hungry!" She adjusted her outfit. "Now I probably won't get to the restaurant until two something— they'll already be eating by then!"

"I'm sure they won't eat without you, Nicole." Korea might've already been at the restaurant, waiting, but I guarantee Mila was still at the house.

"You don't care!" She said causing me to roll my eyes.

"Alright" I spoke over her, not trying to hear any of that shit. She kept going on and on. "Where are my kids? I'm not interested in talking to you anymore." I left out of her room, walking around.

"Don't be exploring my house like it's a museum!"

"You mind if I get a soda?"

"Actually I do!"