4.

Mila

"This your definition of a date Marcus?" I looked out the window of his car. "You just got me riding around the city with you."

He laughed a little. "Just sit back and ride, you don't wanna chill with me?"

"I do but I thought we were going on a date or something. You got me risking it all by being with you during the day time anyway." I was talking about Duke.

"I ain't worried bout it Mi Mi."

When I got back from Miami, he kept his word and was "showing" me he was serious about us. Before the plane could even land good he was texting me asking to meet up. We made plans to see each other the next day and here we were.

"Come in here with me." He pulled into the parking lot of a music store.

"What you bout to buy? Some CD's?"

He laughed "Nah nigga, they sell Mics in here too and I need a few new ones." He put his car in park, taking his keys out the ignition.

I hugged my bubble jacket to my body as we walked towards the entrance. Marcus was a up and coming rapper, he was known in the city and everybody fucked with his music. I listened to at least one of his songs everyday and I really felt like he was destined for greatness; the man was talented.

"These mics almost four thousand dollars and you buying two of them?" I asked as we walked down the aisle. The further we walked the more expensive they got.

"That's them trash ass mics, my shit gone cost at least ten a piece."

"Twenty thousand dollars for some shit we got on our phones?"

He laughed "Hey you gotta invest in your dreams; never take the cheap way out Mi...ever."

I sighed, scratching my head while trying not to mess up my bun. "I guess"

While he was talking to the owner of the store about the different features of each Mic, I watched Nicole's live. She wasn't doing shit but laying in the bed, talking about nothing.

 She wasn't doing shit but laying in the bed, talking about nothing