6.

*SO.... I started a new book called In Between The Lines, I already posted two chapters of it so go check it out!*

Maurice

"Come on baby get up, get dressed." I felt Leslie's lips on my cheek. "I wanna take you somewhere."

She must've just came in from work. I had the day off and I planned to spend it sleeping, snacking, and catching up on my shows. I was watching Claws but I guess I fell asleep so it ended up watching me.

I groaned with my eyes closes "Somewhere like where?"

"Allow yourself to be surprised." She kissed my face. "I'm bout to take a shower so please try to be ready by the time I get out."

I chuckled "No promises Les."

I stayed in our bed, checking my phone twenty minutes or so after she had hopped in the shower. I wasn't one of those people who could just jump up and start doing whatever I needed to do, it was a process.

"Les!" I banged on the door.

She stopped her music "Huh?"

"How should I dress?"

"You can wear something chill and it ain't that cold outside today so show them legs!"

I smirked "Ok"

I sat down at my vanity and turned my mirror lights on. I had eyelash extensions so all I had to do was my brows and put on a little concealer. I had my natural hair out and I didn't feel like putting on a wig so I just slicked it up in a bun and swooped my baby hairs.

I made sure to lotion my body and drench myself in Leslie's favorite perfume. I slipped into my new Fashion Nova two piece set I had been dying to wear. It was super casual but I thought it was real cute.

"Yes ma'am!" Leslie joked with me, clapping since I was ready like she asked.

We walked hand in hand to the elevator "Mmmm, you got on my favorite." She told me once we were inside.

I blushed "Something slight"

Leslie and I met when I was at my lowest point. It was a couple weeks after I broke up with Nic and I was really lost and didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I went to her job with Asia one day and it just so happened she was our server since they were short that day. She chased me down and asked for my number, I swore I wasn't interested in girls and plus the timing was horrible so I told her no. I seen her a few months later in Kroger, we held a conversation, and she asked me if the timing was right then. She was cute, charming, and she seemed genuine. I was intrigued by her and I wanted to get to know her, but just as friends. We texted maybe once a week, then we started meeting up more and things got more physical. It was just sex at first but just sex quickly escalated to a relationship.

She was the first woman I had ever been with on any level and I made sure our relationship was what I wanted each and every day that I woke up. If it wasn't, I wasn't going to lead her on or force myself to be in something that I didn't want to be in.

"My car or yours?" She asked once we were outside.

"You know ima say yours."

She smacked her lips "Why we always gotta take my whip? My poor baby never catch a break."

I laughed "My car needs tires and you know that Les."

"Oh yeah that's right." She sniffed "Remind me to do that before I go to New York."

Leslie was from New York and she went back as frequently as she could, which was not very often due to her demanding job. She was a up and coming Chef, she was very passionate about her craft and she worked in one of the most popular restaurants in Chicago along with having her own food truck she ran on the weekends. Her and the head chef were very close and had developed a great relationship over the two years she had been working there. He relied on her for basically everything so she rarely got time off.