23.

Mila.

"Bout time you made it back!" I ran down the stairs two at a time, carrying Sunny's baby monitor in my hand. "I've been calling you!"

I seen him roll his eyes as he took his keys out the door. "I know Mi Mi."

"Why the fuck weren't you answering my calls?" I looked down at the Mic box he had in his hand. "Did you get our daughter diapers like I told you?"

He shook his head "I-I forgot"

"Oh you forgot but you remembered to buy a stupid ass mic?"

"Don't call it stupid."

I looked at him like he was the stupid one. "Marcus you leave me to raise our daughter like I'm a single mom." I said causing him to smack his lips. He walked outta my face, going upstairs with me right behind him. "You care about your rap career more than you do about Sunny."

"Whatever Mi Mi" He sighed throwing his keys on his nightstand. "I just made it home and you tryna argue."

"Nigga this is not your house!" I reminded him. "You share a home with your brother."

He stripped out of his clothes. "Alright Mila"

I stood in silence, watching him get comfortable in my bed. "You don't even care enough to go kiss your daughter goodnight before you get in the bed?"

He sighed dramatically. "I'm tired Mila, please be quiet." He turned on his side. "Turn the light off."

"I might as well had a baby by myself."

"Well we both never wanted kids, what do you expect?"

I couldn't believe he had the nerve. "What is that suppose to mean? She's here now and I would take back every negative thing I said about her if I could, you wouldn't?"

"Mila leave me alone."

I stared at him for a couple minutes before leaving out the room, closing the door behind me. I would've slammed it but Sunny was down for the night and I didn't wanna risk her waking up. I went downstairs, into my smoke room. It was by far my favorite room in my house.

I sighed, grabbing my weed jar along with a pack of Backwoods

I sighed, grabbing my weed jar along with a pack of Backwoods. "Who to call?" I asked myself out loud, unlocking my phone. I went to my FaceTime log, scrolling through the different contacts. Nicole's name popped up and I immediately wanted to call her but decided against it. I hadn't seen her since we met her and Tae at the hospital and that was days ago. I was one of those people who didn't handle death well- especially sudden, and I honestly just had my own shit spiraling out of control.

Korea and Julio were still out of the Country, Maurice didn't smoke and she got on my nerves, Leslie and I never hung out by ourselves, and I damn sure wasn't inviting Marcus to smoke my weed so that only left Tae.