11.

Korea.

"Montana put her down, that's why she's so spoiled now." I fussed at him as he held Cari as he stood in the middle of his living room, playing 2k. He was always toting her around like she wouldn't be ok if he sat her down.

I didn't believe in packing her around and she was fine with that until we started staying with him during the nights. Now she thinks she's suppose to be held every second of the day.

"Tell your mama don't be like that. Tell her we best friends Cari." She started talking like she really was telling me something making us both laugh. He took his headset off sitting beside me on his black leather couch.

"Ain't you suppose to meet up with your baby daddy?"

"Yes" I rolled my eyes, disgusted at the thought. Julio told Nicole to tell me to meet him at The Outback Steakhouse at seven since he was still blocked on everything I had. He claimed he wanted to meet to discuss Cali, but I doubt that's what it really was.

"Why you not dressed then?" He held Cari up in the air. "It's almost six now."

"Because I'm trying to decide if I'm going or not." I told him truthfully.

He chuckled "You going girl, just hear what the nigga gotta say. It's not like he can call or text you."

I laughed pushing his arm "Shut up"

"Foreal though Karin" He called me by my middle name as he often did. I hated it but I let him slide since it was him. "It's bout time you cut out the petty shit and talk to him. Y'all grown as hell out here and share two kids in this cruel world. Negativity for the birds."

"I know Montana"

"Well then act like you know. Go get dressed man, let me take your pictures first though." He sat Cari down in his spot while he went to get his camera.

I met Montana on the elevator the same day I went to check on Julio after he messed up his ankle. He complimented me told me he had seen some of my pictures, and wanted to work with me if he ever got the chance. He gave me his card and we went our separate ways after that. A couple days later we seen each other again and he insisted on taking my pictures then. We ended up going to get food together and I opened up to him about Julio and my situation; we'd been close ever since then. I didn't like staying in my apartment every night so Cari and I stayed most nights with him in his room while he slept on the couch. We flirted a few times but it was harmless, we were just friends.

I really liked his vibe and he was cool to be around. I was grateful for his friendship.

"Alright, pose so I can post you." He bent down in front of the couch.