5.

Nic

"Come on Six, I ain't asking for much man and I got the money." I scratched at my neck as I pulled money out of my wallet. "You can have my whole check, just give me what I need." I begged. "Please? I get paid every night and if you want more money I can bring it to you tomorrow."

Him and his boys were sitting outside on the block smoking. "Man I ain't messing with you no more Nic. You went to rehab and shit, you on the right track and I ain't bout to be the one that fuck that up by selling you Heroine again."

"But I need it!" I told him. "Come on, please." I had had a rough night at work and I felt like I needed an escape. On top of that, I felt like I was trapped in a box that was closing in on me. Reality had set in and I realized I wasn't the nigga I used to be. I didn't have the money I used to have, or the power. Yeah my sister had forgiven me and was helping me as much as she could but I was mentally fucked up. I could've easily smoked some weed but that wasn't enough for me. It wasn't anything compared to the feeling Heroine gave me.

He whispered something in one of his homeboy's ear before getting up and going around the corner. "Where he going?" I started to follow behind him but the guy pulled the back of my shirt.

"Relax nigga, he going to get it. Sit down"

He talked to me for a while until we seen a all black Rolls Royce pulling up. "That mothafucka clean, they a customer?"

"Ion know man"

I didn't think anything of it until Tae got out of the drivers seat. Our eyes met and he shook his head. I stared at him as he crossed the street. Six came back and they dapped each other up before Six started explaining something to him.

"He set me up!" I stood up. "And you did too!" I looked at his friend.

"Aye bro you better calm yo mad ass down. We tryna help your ass."

Tae and I didn't exchange words but I knew he was coming to get me so I followed him to his car like a child. We both were silent the whole way to him and Nicole's house.

"This shit gone break your sister heart so I hope you ready for that." He pulled into the garage and got out. "Nicole!" He yelled for her as soon as we walked in the house.

"Yeah?"

"Come here mama"

She soon came out of their room and looked shocked once she seen me. "Oh hey Nic, you just got here?" She asked as she turned the living room light on.

"Yeah.... with Tae." I glanced at him as he went to sit on the arm of the couch.

"Wha-"

"Tell her where I had to pick you up from."

My mouth felt dry as a damn desert. I wiped my sweaty hands on my shirt. "I went to see Six."

She looked at Tae to tell her who that was. "It's his story baby, not mine. Let him tell you."

"Nic why do I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed once I hear this?"

"I'm sorry sis" I hung my head, not wanting to see her face. "Six was my dealer before I went to rehab."

My heart broke as she started crying, already knowing what I went to see him for. "I've been working so hard to make sure you're good. Am I not doing something right? I told you to come to me if you had the urge for drugs and you promised me you would Nicholas."

"I know sis, I know." I felt bad as fuck. "I'm sorry"

"Why Nic?"