In Two Weeks

"Could you tell this bald man over here that I'm the best man!" AJ pursed his lips and cocked his head to the side.

Brian ran a hand over his head, "I am not bald! I should be the best man cause I've been the best friend forever."

Nick had heard the twosome bickering for the past couple of minutes about who had given the best speech and who deserved to be the best man. Truth be told Nick wasn't even close to being worried or caring who was the best man...guy...bro. Whatever it was. He was trying to figure out how he was going to put up with Abby for two whole weeks.

She thought the worst of him. Although, he knew that she had a reason too. What had he been thinking taking AJ's advice about dating online girls? AJ was a moron. He confirmed it as he watched him making some funny dance poking fun at Brian.

"Would you two cut it out."

AJ plopped back onto his chair and crossed his arms. "What's up your ass?"

"Nothing!"

"Nick, I know something is wrong with you. You can tell us...errr...me." Brian flared his nostrils at AJ and AJ gave him the finger. "That's rude."

"That's my middle name. I know what's wrong with you! Abby...you kissed a girl and you--"

"You what?" Brian asked his voice high.

"...liiiiiked it." AJ sang.

"It wasn't a full on kiss." Nick shrugged.

AJ interjected, "That's not what you told me."

"You told him before me. Your best friend...who should be the best man."

Nick shook his head at the twosome acting like children at his table. "I'm just trying to adjust to this whole wedding thing. I'm stuck planning it with the enemy. Plus, I want to be excited...but I can't seem to feel it. I would have preferred to get my gym first and then get married."

AJ and Brian both got serious. They both knew that the gym was Nick's dream. He'd been saving money for a while now. All his modeling gigs were solely for that purpose, until, Tiffany had come into the picture. She'd swept Nick off his feet and he was instantly in love.

"I'm starting to think you are getting cold feet. That you have finally realized that this shit is going fast and you aren't really in love with her anymore."

"AJ!" Brian snapped. "He's just nervous. He's got the wedding jitters. We all get them. Didn't you get them AJ?"

He thought for a bit before responding. "No...I think I got them so much all those other times I proposed. I just knew with monkey!"

"You seriously couldn't come up with a better nickname than that? Sugar...honey...sweetie...babe..." Brian rolled his eyes.

"That shits country. Do I look country?"

"There isn't a damn thing wrong with country."

Nick rolled his eyes and threw himself on the couch. He stared at the ceiling hoping that the Gods from above would send him a sign. Instead, the couch began to shake, the chandelier above his dining table clinked and the floor swayed for a couple of seconds.

"Holy shit earthquake! My monkey...I'm coming!" AJ flew out of the condo in a rush.

Brian just sighed and took out his phone. "He's a sucky neighbor!" He muttered, punching a couple of buttons and then closed it and pushed it back into his pocket. Nick was still staring up as if the ground under him hadn't moved.

"I'm guessing that wasn't the answer you were expectin?" Brian piped.

"Definitely not, B."

"Look I'm no one to give you advice about marriage. When obviously mine has gone to crap. However...if you think this is the right timing and the right girl. Then don't think so much about it. Maybe, in the future you can always get the gym, together."