Trust Me

"I'm so sorry!" Was all that Abby could say when they finally pulled away. Kevin's eyes were still closed, so she took advantage and walked as fast as she could through the hall. She passed Nick and then the group and kept walking.

She let out a deep breath as she felt the warm breeze of the night hit her face. There were tears in her eyes but the crying had stopped and she was now laughing. She covered her mouth to stifle the giggles escaping her. What the hell had just happened? Nick's face was priceless.

"Abby!"

Quickly she turned around at the sound of Nick's voice. "What do you want, Nick?"

"What the hell was that?"

Abby laughed out loud and shook her head. "I'm not sure. Someone showed interest in me and he's not getting married."

"I'm trying Abby. It's not fucking easy...you know."

"No. I don't know. Do you want me to go in there and tell her! Because I will...because I love you and I want to be with you."

Nick stopped and found himself speechless. She hadn't said that to him. The valet guy stepped in and announced there was a cab available. "Abby, don't do this. Don't make this harder than it is. I'm trying..."

Abby shook her head and wiped away the tears. "I'm not going to be that girl. I already made the mistake of falling for you. I will not wait around till you decide you want to be with me." The valet opened the door to the taxi and Abby hopped in.

Nick kicked the air and let out a heavy sigh. He stared into the bar and noticed that no one was phased by Abby's disappearance. He turned to find Kevin standing a few feet away from him. Nick wondered how much Kevin had heard, but he didn't dare ask instead they had a staring match until he passed him and entered the bar again.

Nick felt the rest of the night lag on. Everyone seemed to be a bit tipsy, except for him although the grounds for drinking were definitely there. Instead he carried around his annoying wife-to-be until they got home. He struggled with her till they got to the door.

"Howie? What the hell?"

He passed half asleep Tiffany to Howie and unlocked the door. "Sorry to come at such a late time. But I kinda panicked when I didn't get an answer from you."

Nick dug into his pocket and took out his phone. "Shit my phone is dead. What's up?"

Howie was turning red and stumbling towards the wall. "Yo. Help me out here...she's not light."

"I'm telling her you said that tomorrow."

"Don't you dare."

The twosome dragged a humming Tiffany into the apartment and they dumped her on the couch. "You are just gonna leave her like that?"

"She's passed out cold. Howard, what do you want?" Howie bent down and carefully unsnapped Tiffany's shoes and removed them. Then threw a blanket on top of her. "You can have her if you want." Nick blurted.

Howie raised a brow, "Wow you aren't even married and already pawning her off. Not good. Listen, I know it's late and all, but I came to let you know they need some models tomorrow morning."

"Nudity?"

"Not that I know of..."

Nick let out a sigh, "You always say that, but sure. I'll be there. Email me all the information. Is that all you came here for?"

"My wife is knocked up and she's kind of bitchy...thought I might get some air. Then I remembered the photo shoot."

"Want a drink?"