Mr. Twinkie

"I need a drink!" Nick muttered as they exited the studio. She followed him down the street to a bar around the corner. They both ordered cokes; only his had two shots of rum.

"We are late to the appointment!"

"So what!" He waved down the waiter and this time ordered two shots instead. She wasn't sure what kind they were, but he handed one to her, but she declined. So, he threw back both of them in a blink of an eye. "I didn't even want to do that...did it look ok?"

Abby swallowed hard. "Did what look ok?"

"You know...the...me...you know what, let's take a seat." He took two more shots and they took a seat in a booth. "My throat is burning."

"Not too smart to take four shots like they're water."

A whole hour and four shots later, Nick felt the world spinning around him as he stumbled to the truck. "Drive"

"Um...this is a really big car. I'm used to--" Keys flew at her and she thrusted her arm out and caught them. "OK. I guess I'm driving."

Nick clumsily took a seat in the passenger seat and slammed his door. "Oops!"

"I don't think having all those drinks before checking out the carriages was a good idea. Now we are late." She looked at him. Stopping by the bar around the corner to get a drink hadn't been Nick's freshest idea.

He sat waiting for Abby to decide to start the car. He hit the window glass with his forehead and motioned her to drive. Maybe she was right, but then again he was still angry from the surprise photo he'd taken. He was a wild guy and did tend to get out of control sometimes, but going butt ass naked wasn't his type of thing.

Although he'd worked hard to look the way he did and he knew he looked good; there was always that small hint of insecurity. And today it'd been put to the test and he was definitely still insecure.

The drive to Griffith park had been pretty quick and he recognized where they were at the time. He'd come with his buddies a few times to hike.

"I gotta take a leak!"

"We are in the middle of Griffith park and you're not supposed to...you know...in public."

"Well..." He unlocked the door. Abby pushed the button to lock it again. "Hey I can piss on myself or you can pull over and let me go!"

"Jesus! You are worse than a child. Fine..." She pulled over and Nick fumbled with the lock and finally after three attempts opened the door and stumbled out. She watched as he tried to walk straight ahead, but his body kept swaying to the sides. He walked till he found a large vine covered stump. He unzipped and started to do his business trying hard to keep his balance.

Abby removed the key from the ignition and quickly jumped out of the truck. "Nick, wait!"

Nick tried to spin around to look at Abby, but he lost his balance and ended up hugging the tree.

"That's...poison oak."

Nick rolled his eyes and checked if everything he owned was still there. "You just made me smash Mr. Twinkie against that tree."

"Yeah..." Abby was grimacing. "That's not good. I don't even want to know what Mr. Twinkie is all about."

"Whatever...here give me the keys I can drive!"

"What? You couldn't even stand straight."

He reached out to get the keys from her, but she put her hands behind her back. "Give. Me. The. Keys."